Change a320n's mirrored texture mapping on the Sharklets

While the mirrored texture mapping in the 787 and 747 are major offenders, so much that they’ve caught Asobo’s attention for future fixing, I hope the 320 isn’t forgotten.

Most of the 320’s texture mapping doesn’t include mirroring, but there is one area which isn’t secondary, the sharklets.

Many airlines place logos or other visible markings there, which means that at the moment we find ourselves with stuff like what you can see below.

While this isn’t nearly as bad as having a whole side of the aircraft mirrored, it’s still not ideal. Sharklets are a very prominent feature of the 320 Neo and they definitely are eye-catchers.

Also, now that i noticed I can’t unsee them :confused:

I hope to see them fixed alongside the mirroring on the 747 and 787.

Thanks.

I think the whole aircraft should not have any mirrored texture mapping. The whole model should be 1:1 texture mapping.

You scared me for a moment. Fairly sure the engines aren’t mirrored on the 320. You may be confusing it with the 787.

I could have sworn I painted an engine and it mirrored but I double checked and you are correct. Carry on…

1 Like

I remember what it is now… the engine texture isn’t mirrored but the engines themselves are mirrored. So basically, you can’t put anything only on the outward facing portion of the nacelles. Attempting to do this causes one engine to have artwork facing in to the fuselage. So long as whatever is on the engines is on both the inside and outside, it looks normal.

1 Like

Oh, I see, yeah, that’s not good.