Changes to English Localization breaking ATC calls for ICON A5

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

no

Which aircraft are you using that experiences this issue?

Icon A5

Brief description of the issue:

SU12 changed the localization string for the A5 from
“ATCCOM.AC_MODEL A5.0.text” to "ATCCOM.AC_MODEL_A5.0.text
Notice the added ‘_’
This breaks ATC speech because the Icon A5’s aircraft.cfg file is using the old string

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

The Red circle is where ‘A5’ should be, but doesn’t show up because of wrong localization string in the Aircraft.cfg

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Just launch a flight in the A5 and have you or the ATC try to say the name of the aircraft

PC specs and peripheral set up:

N/A

Are you using DX11 or DX12?

DX11

Are you using DLSS?

No

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute to this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

Are you using DLSS?

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Yes.

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

Hi there,
I agree that there’s an issue, but I see two discrepancies:

1. I think the issue is that in aircraft.cfg, the _ has been replaced by a space. Not that it has been changed to a _. Could you please confirm?
  2. I think that this is at least an SU11 issue. I’m on the SU12 beta, and my aircraft.cfg file is from November 22. So I am going to move this into the regular area of the forums.

Irrelevant, but DX12.

Are you using DLSS?

Irrelevant, but yes.

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

This item has been reproduced and turned into an official bug report internally. This topic is now updated with the #bug-logged tag. From here, Asobo prioritizes the bug, works on a fix, and slates it for a future update.

1 Like

The file that changed was the ‘en-US.locPak’ file in ‘Official/fs-base’ which handles the localization strings that the aircraft.cfg files call. It was changed with the SU12 beta.

I can’t believe I left that out in my report, whoops…

Could this bug also manifest itself by having some plane types not display properly in Little Navmap? See attached:

Note the A321 is ok, but others are missing “Type”

I’m using FSLTL models.

Yep, and it also affects Volanta, it shows the broken string as well, very annoying

Yeah, that’s not good. The LNM developer is working on a “fix” (I guess it would be a workaround at this point) for this bug. I wonder if all of the third party devs will need to fix this themselves even though it appears to be a silly syntax bug in MSFS SU12.

Well certainly none of the devs was made aware of this change and judging by the comment here:

it wasn’t intentional but still made it into release…

Whenever that “future update” will be, I’d bet it will cause issues with those workarounds that the devs are now all trying to put in place.