Changing Aircraft or Livery After Choosing a Parking Spot for C&D Changes the Departure Point to the Default Runway

This has already been reported and confirmed here:

1 Like

while weā€™re at it, Can you guys label all helipads as parking areas please, most Heli pilots prefer cold and dark operations. For those that donā€™t they can press ā€œctr l + eā€ for quick start up. Thank you.

1 Like

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

no

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

happens regardless, tested with and without

Brief description of the issue:

Selecting a gate and pressing load makes the plane load up on the runway instead of the selected gate. If i deselect the gate, and the reselect it again the plane loads up at the gate as expected. Only seems to be an issue on that first attempt, if you dont deselect and reselect.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

ICAO or coordinates (DevMode > Options > Display position)

every ICAO has this issue, not related to any specific airport.

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Try to load into a gate

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Are you using DX11 or DX12?

dx11

Are you using DLSS?

no

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OPā€™s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

sadly not fixed in this update either (1.31.21.0)

1 Like

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OPā€™s steps to reproduce it?

YES

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

Are you using DX11 or DX12?

Doesnā€™t matter!

Are you using DLSS?

Doesnā€™t matter!

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Please release a fix for this. Itā€™s pretty annoying and not good for state saving planes like the black square analog planes & WB/JP Cessna 152 / 172ā€¦

1 Like

Not fixed in 1.31.22.0

PS You can guess I love the Black Square Bonanza

Using beta .22. Loaded up the sim with default aircraft, chose a parking spot, went back and changed the aircraft, started flight, loaded, no problem. I donā€™t understand what people are doing/have done to their systems to have these issues.

Hi
I ā€œthinkā€ your photos show the issue.
You picked a gate to start.
You changed aircraft.
You where changed to starting on the runway.

Its not that the flight does not start - the flight starts just fine.
But if I and it seems others chose a parking spot, then change you aircraft or livery, your plane is moved to start on the runway, NOT the gate as originally selected.

:slight_smile:

1 Like

Noted. Thanks for the clarification. I see that now.

1 Like

This has been driving me up the wall for several weeks. I canā€™t believe this regression was logged 3 weeks ago and weā€™ve had several beta updates but still no fix.

It might seem like a minor issue but itā€™s a usability nightmare. I keep being caught by this and it wastes so much time.

Just now Iā€™ve planned a flight with about 10 way points manually selected in the world map and now Iā€™ve turned up on the runway where I didnā€™t want to be. Forces me to cancel and start all over again.

Iā€™m sure if this makes it to GA then thereā€™ll be a thread with many hundreds of complaints in no time at all.

2 Likes

I have been steeling myself for this being in the final release.

I try, very hard, to be understanding and have grace for the development team, but it is extremely frustrating to see these sorts of issues arise with each and every SU only for them to not be addressed.

It is so easy to be critical when you donā€™t have the whole picture, yet at the same time there needs to be some accountability, too.

1 Like

I dont know how hard it is to fix the issue - it seems like a simple issue to me. But i know nothing about the codingā€¦but agree its frustrating - we all just have to make sure we are where we want to be before the flight starts. :slight_smile:

version 1.31.22 on PC.
anyone else is having an issue where you select a gate and click fly but the sim spawns you on a the runway instead? First couple times it happened I thought it was user error but after a couple days I noticed it randomly does it. Happens no matter what aircraft Iā€™m in.

1 Like

Yupā€¦the sequence thatā€™s worked since day one is pick your aircraft, pick your livery, close that aircraft/livery window, pick your starting spot, they click the ā€œflyā€ button. Works every time. Not a bug IMO, but others think it is.

It certainly is a bug, itā€™s a regression in the SU12 beta as it didnā€™t used to reset to runway like this. Sadly it wasnā€™t fixed and almost certainly the final beta will become the SU12 release this week and everyone will get to experience it

1 Like

I guess weā€™ll find out in 19 minutes. Iā€™ll be curious to see when I get home from work.

Sadly not fixed in SU12

1 Like

SU12 is the same build as the last beta, as it usually is, so no fix was inevitable.

Moderators, this bug was not fixed during beta and is now live in SU12. Please move this bug out of beta and to the main bug reports section.

2 Likes