Changing the default grass tufts

Is there any way of changing what 3d grass shows?

From what I’ve been able to work out, it’s based on the amount of green in the base texture of the ground. However, placing scenery polygons on top of this doesn’t change it, regardless of the colour. I can remove the grass tufts completely by placing a polygon with a material type CONCRETE, but I can’t see how to change it.

Context - I have a grass airfield which is very green and the generated grass is very long. I’d like to ‘cut’ it on the runways and taxiways, but still have a little short grass showing.

Hi there.
Have you been able to resolve this? I have the same issue.

Nope. You can make them go away completely by adding an apron and changing the opacity so it’s transparent, but I’ve not found a way to make the grass smaller or larger.

I managed to make the grass smaller on my little grass airstrip.

All i did was including a polygon object on the runway. For some reason it only worked on the runway itself, but not on areas without the runway. Or I am doing something wrong.

This is what it looks like in game. Left side is the tall grass, right side is the trimmed grass on the runway.

Here I selected the defined runway object. I defined the runway material surface to “Runway_grass” , which is included as an Asobo standard material. The runway surface is set to “transparent”

Then ontop of the runway I outlined the complete runway with the polygon.
The polygon I set to vegetation, where vegetation scale and density is set to 0. I also ticked “Airport area” and set the surface to the same material as the runway -> " Runway_grass"

4 Likes

Exellent, thanks for that; I’ll give it a try.

Hi guys my grass looks like small sharp squares how can I make it look real I need help please!!!