Chaos to land

Chaos to land / take off. It’s frustrating when you’re landing and an aircraft appears on the runway at the last minute. It would be interesting if MSFS2020 did not allow you to start in runway when you have configured to see other players. It’s easy, if you want to start in runway you can only in private session.

3 Likes

funny enough Microsoft DO ALLOW you to not start on the runway you can spawn at a gate.

When you spawn on the ramp you have to do a cold start and that is too much “hassle” for gamers.

1 Like

then flight simulation is not for you

1 Like

Try CTRL-E for quick startup at the gate or ramp

Happy Flying!

3 Likes

Well, at least turn the labels off, so the view is a bit less chaotic.

Good thing we’re not crashing into eachother when a spawn happens, eh?

regards,

Steiny

Not for me. I always enjoy start up. Bringing a 273 hp Lycoming engine in an old airforce trainer to life in RL is absolutley rewarding.

I agree, spawn from the runway should not allowed in multi-player

1 Like

Yes remove all the filthy casuals who dont take this game as if they were flying a real life plane…

I despair with this forum I really do, you think everyone would be happy with a new influx of players coming to the genre. Instead we moan about people spawning on the run way, who dont cause you to crash but what ruins your immersion. Telling them to use a private session if they want to use the runway? Or you could use a private session and then have the whole world to yourself

3 Likes

They really should spawn players at the hold short line and have them taxi onto the runway. But then again, I guess that wouldn’t fix much. People would just taxi out whether or not there was traffic incoming to land.

Maybe, but by spawning them at the holding point, at least pilots on final see there’s someone ready to line up and prepare mentally for a possible go around.
The problem is you’re only moving the problem slightly, though. What would happen on a busy airport, if there’s already someone at the holding point? Does the new aircraft spawn on top or behind the one already there?

I don’t think there’s a perfect solution for multiplayer spawning on/near runways that will prevent issues with players that are already there. :confused:

I’ve found also that the Tower is communicating with some players at this same busy airport as me and there is no communication with other players, or if there is, I am not hearing it and they are moving along as if they were alone. Shouldn’t I hear communication to all aircraft at that airport…not just some?

@Rozellespi - ATC is client side. You don’t hear any communications with ATC and other players. 100% of ATC is either between you and ACT, or “Real-Time Online” or AI traffic and ATC. Each real player has their own ATC independent of all others. You only see other players. There’s no interaction between you and them at all.

The only exception to this (so I’ve been told) is if you’re flying in a closed multiplayer group.

Wishlist topic about disabling spawning on the runways in ‘Live multiplayer’ mode here.

Request: Make it impossible to spawn on runway in LIVE mode - Self-Service / Wishlist - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

So in real time online, you wouldn’t hear CTAF from other players? Does that make sense? Not making realistic use of CTAF? I’m beginning to think alone is better!..lol

That’s correct. You don’t hear any comms between other players and ATC. ATC is for your own instance only, for yourself and the AI / Real Time Traffic planes. Other players are like they weren’t even there.

I just turn off MP traffic. It’s pointless to have it where you have no interaction with it, and in many cases, more of a nuisance in most cases (planes spawning on the RW as you’re on approach). I only turn on MP if I’m participating in a live community event.

Sometimes it’s fun to have other players. Was doing some low and fast flying through some canyons yesterday. Was fun finding another player doing the same thing.

Around airports though, I mostly agree. They’re a nuisance. Taking off with tailwind (opposite direction from where you’re trying to take off), spawning on runways etc.

It can be fun. I did a Gand Canyon run 10 ft above the Colorado River in the JMB VL-3 (Rotax 915 mod version) about a week ago with MP on. It apparently enticed others in the area to join in my antics, as I crossed others overhead who decided to drop down and follow me. I had like 6 other planes trailing behind by the time I had enough. It was fun.

But for 95+% of the flying I do, MP is more of a hassle than anything else.

Last night I was at an airport in Australia (runway 34L) much traffic around. I was in 182T Cessna. I had an airliner blow by me to the runway, my side, One airliner landing at the other end towards me, and a plane spawning at my end of the runway. I said, “OK…time for bed!”…lmao. So you recommend tuning off Multi Player. In the world screen and pick which one?

Just turn off MP. Only turn it on if you have a need for it (playing on VATSIM, playing with friends, joining a public fly-in, etc).