ChartFox - Free Flight Simulation Charts

Those who cannot have a subscription to navigrap for airport charts have a free option. “chartfox”
Since all the maps of airports in the world are from the countries and are free, the only thing that navigraph and jeppesen do is collect them

5 Likes

Every country’s aviation authority publishes their charts online. It’s just a pain to look for them sometimes. Not all web sites are as user friendly or easily searchable.

ChartFox is a good free tool for it if all you want is the bare charts. You get more than that basic info with Navigraph. But if one can’t afford or simply doesn’t want to pay for it, this is the next best option outside the USA.

In the USA SkyVector is a better free choice, I think.

2 Likes

Exactly, @Crunchmeister71.it’s a shame we don’t have a plugin like in x-plane that puts chartfox in the simulator, is there someone who can make chartfox appear in the simulator?

1 Like

I’m honestly surprised that no one has done this yet. At least there isn’t one that I know of. It would be helpful all those without Navigraph, and even moreso VR users.

2 Likes

As for SkyVector, we had Navigraph SkyVector inside MSFS with this free toolbar mod before we bought it, which they took care of no longer working.

I just tried it but when I search a ICAO then click to view charts it wants to send me to an unsecure website so I personally won’t be using it.

It is a very strange thing since you are always in the chartfox tab I don’t know what to tell you but that is not normal

I think it’s if the airport isn’t fully supported it then gives you an option to click Go to AIP/CHARTS it then wants to take you to another page which comes up as not secure.

So it does work just some lesser known ones aren’t fully supported.

for example EGHN isn’t supported but EGHI is fine.

Yes it is true, if the icao is not there, it is not in the chartfox base, but you know, not clicking “Go to AIP/Charts” because it is not there and it will only take you to that page, but I think it is very good this application free

1 Like

Can chartfox replace navigraph?
TNX

I use chartfox all the time, Great alternative to paying for Navigraph. Now if only they could somehow be integrated into EFBs like Navigraph :eyes:

1 Like

In x-plane we have chartfox, with the AviTab Plugins, it would be good if this Plugins is in msfs

1 Like

Chart fox is built into Simtoolkitpro I believe. It’s an option at least.

Chartfox doesn’t have approach plates for any canadian airport I have searched for. What gives!?

It‘s the same in the Caribbean… :cry:

The SIDs for LLBG are messed up in chartfox… been having problems with it.

The canadian AIP is very restrictive. The only place where I’ve found canadian approach charts is https://www.fltplan.com/ It’s free but you need to create an account. Hope it helps.

2 Likes

Seems like you don’t have to use an account anymore. I’m able to use it now. Very useful for Canadian airports. ----- EDIT: Nevermind, seems like you need an account, but you can find a workaround by searching fltplan + airport on Google/Bing for a direct access. After that you can find different airports from the website.

Chartfox require an account too.