Checking for updates? No, we're way past that

check for any microsoft store updates and/ Windows updates. any update from microsoft can cause this.

I did this, first thing, when I turned on both PCs this AM.

It made no difference, for me. The issue reared its ugly head, regardless.

try to log out of Microsoft store and log back in.
I have that issue almost daily it seems and it is every time solved after i update everything from microsoft store.

1 Like

I’ll give that a try.

They need to fix this.

All updates are done on my PC but nothing happens. Looking in the task manager there is network communication with the MSFS server but nothing to do. Unable to launch sim

they are investigating. there was a survey a few days ago about this topic.
But if they can not reproduce it on their side is difficult to fix.
If my way helps everybody they would have a direction where to look. If not then they still search for the needle in the haystack.
But i am still 100% sute that this is the issue. All my friends solved it on their side with this solutution.

I just tried this and it made no difference — still stuck on Checking for Updates.

My only solution has been to either launch the sim with my PC in Airplane Mode or to toggle Airplane Mode during the Checking for Updates screen.

It’s been the only way for me to consistently avoid/get past it.

1 Like

what version of the sim you have? Microsoft store, Steam or Gamepass?

MS Store and no Game Pass — I purchased it.

I do have a Game Pass Core subscription, but that doesn’t entitle me to the sim.

I just tried that. I’m afraid that didn’t solve it.

ok too bad, for me and all my friends it works every time. Then must be something different. So i guess no solution to be found soon.

1 Like

My checking for Update has now reduced from “Hours” to about 5 seconds.
I may have achieved this, ( or it may be a coincidence) by deleting the content of my Localstate/DCE folder before starting MSFS for a few starts last week.

Anyone know what all those GUID Folders and GUID files are about that get created/downloaded there, when its “Checking for updates” ??

COPY ME AND DO WHAT I DID AT YOUR OWN RISK !!

I’m also having the same problem

I am getting stuck on this page. Check for updates . I flew 2 hours ago then impossible to load again.
From France

I’m in France too!

Having the problem as well

Hi,
I’m also having a problem launching MSFS which gets stuck on checking for updates.
Here are the actions I took without being able to resolve the incident.

• restart the PC
  • Microsoft Store reset
  • uninstallation of Microsoft game service with restart and reinstallation
  • MSFS reset
  • uninstallation and reinstallation
  • restart the PC
    Despite all these actions, MSFS does not run.
    This is not the first time this has happened to me but the times before, 2, the problem was resolved but not this time.
    For your information, I have almost nothing in my community folder and 4 hours ago, I had no problem.

I’m also in France, sorry to see that I’m not the only one

After several weeks with the issue, apparently is not occurring since last week (Steam/south Brazil).

it happens for western Europe mostly. What a shame…