Checking for updates? No, we're way past that

Checking for update still takes about 10 seconds, and the wheel does not rotate during that time.
So is it really actively checking, or just timing out ?

Still putting a mass of "who know what ? " stuff in the DCE folder !!

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

Provide your location:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

No

Over the last 3 days, the “Checking for Update” screen has completed after 10-15 seconds. The last time it got “stuck” was 4 days ago:
Checking for updates? No, we're way past that - #398 by SmotheryVase665

Partial Specs & current settings:
Build: SU15 (v1.37.19.0)
3rd-Party Addons: None, Community Addons: None
Flight configuration: Multiplayer: All Players. Traffic: Live, Weather: Live
i7-12700K (No overclocking or undervolting), 32 GB 5200 MHz DDR5 CL40, Intel Arc 770 (16GB, v31.0.101.5445).
Graphics Tab: Full Screen 3840 x 2160 TAA, Render resolution - 100, AMD Fidelity - 150, VSync - On, FRL - 33% MRR (120 Hz), HDR10 - On, DX12B, TLOD @ 400, OLD @ 200, Motion Blur - Off, Other settings - all Ultra (Water Waves & Glass Cockpit Refresh Rate @ High).
Traffic Tab: Aircraft Traffic Type - Real-Time Online, Slider Settings - All 100%, Generics (AI, MP) - Both Off, Show MP in Vicinity - On, Traffic Variety - Ultra
Data Tab: Data Connection: All six options - On, Data Limit - Off, Bandwidth - Unlimited, Rolling Cache - Off
Developers Tab: Developer Mode - Off
MSFS Version: MS-Store, Standard, plus All World and City Updates

Provide your location:

Western USA

N/A

Why are there now TWO Checking for updates. ?

The original one that appears in the bottom right hand corner, as soon as MSFS starts to loads, and last for 1-2 seconds, and then the later Bigger one on the center of the screen, which seems to be the new one that gets stuck sometimes ?

The one on the splash screen (MS Store version/Xbox) is checking updates from Xbox and also a verification of ownership check. Redundant (sort of), it does a verification check on MP items on that next screen as well as check for content manager updates in game.

1 Like

I thought about that too (and sometimes I turn off the capabilities of that running in background, once I use Steam), despite could be more a coincidence. In my opinion it was a server issue, which seems better last days.

I’m having the issue to as the pc locked up and froze forcing a reboot in the middle of the update prior. Attempted a clean install and same issue after again a lock up and crash. I’m running a 13th gen i9 and 4070 series card with maxed out ram so not a system issue. will attempt the disconnect internet that a few have tried and see.

no issues anymore with checking for updates since a few days. Germany.

Still have to relog into xbox every single day before able to start msfs but thats another issue.

Thec updatecheck works well now, thank you!

Still happened to me in Germany on Friday. Have not started the sim since then.

Happend again. Waited for 25 minutes now. Still checking …

Europe - Norway

It’s back today! US West Coast.

Stuck checking for updates North Carolina US

Yes

Issue has returned after have appeared solved since the major Marketplace issues present and fixed on 18JUN2024.

Provide your location:

Central Coast California

It’s also using a lot of bandwidth. For me it’s using 50% of my 500 Mbbs
Have tried signing in and out of MS Store and Xbox app.

PC
Europe-Norway

Same…checking for updates…east coast usa…been great for a couple days…great this am…bam at noon… :roll_eyes:

oh man… please god… please! don’t let this thing start again…

1 Like

June 24, again… the same problem, forever checking for updates or even before the checking for updates screen, stuck on the airbus A320, F18, Everest, etc screen…

1 Like

So it was not solved but pure coincidence that it worked for some days. No further comments needed…

1 Like

check update and still stuck loading

Same problem here…

Norway