Checking for updates? No, we're way past that

i’ve not had this problem for two days now… thats awesome!
i find that singing “I believe I can fly” by R. Kelly when you launch the sim seems to help a little bit

2 Likes

Can’t uses MSFS today at all ,constant “checking for updates”. System time and date synced . PC in Engaland.

1 Like

This has been my experience.

In fact every issue I had been experiencing on the 18th, that prompted me to make this thread, has disappeared on both my PCs once they fixed the Marketplace issue:

What MS Asobo need to do is put an option to turn off Checking For Updates! In the options under data or something.

1 Like

How should this work for an online title where the client verseion need to stay in sync with the server version?

There is clearly a bigger drop off this post week which could easily be associated with these issues in it’s right there in the graph you posted and. It’s an indication.

A reminder for those unfamiliar with statistics: correlation ≠ causation. And despite your assertion, there’s not even clearly any correlation. It’s the middle of the week. It’s late spring (and today it’s actually summer). Believe what you like.

I guess the European Championship in Football/Soccer has a bigger impact :rofl:

1 Like

It looks like those are weekly data points. So is that last (most recent) data point still tabulating in real time (in the middle of the week, meaning it’s not finished yet), or is it last week’s total?

A lot of off-topic posts. Stay on-topic of reporting any issues with checking for updates.

My last three sim loads over the past couple days have been fine, with no lagging at the “checking for updates” screen. Prior to that I had about a 50% success rate.

I did have a CTD when Clicking “Fly” on one of these flights, but the subsequent load and launch with all the same settings and addon’s is going well a couple hours into the flight…

HI All
I was getting the spinning circlewhich lasted almost every time I started FS for the first time
Downloaded the Game Service repair kit and since the last 5 days the problem has gone

Hey guys,
So, I had this issue too. I don’t know if it is a coincidence or really helped but here’s what I did and it seems like solving the problem:
Update your Xbox and Gaming Services apps in the Microsoft Store (even if you have the game on Steam like me). After doing this, hanging on checking for updates is gone on my end.

Since 2 days, no more hanging on updates screen. Steam version (Germany).

Seems fixed for me since yesterday. Germany also.

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

Provide your location:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

To fill out a poll regarding this:
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/checking-for-updates-community-survey/645891

i was one of the ones getting hit pretty hard by this problem

it seems to be gone now, last three days all loads were normal
fingers crossed!

If this works for you…great.
But like many others i have tried every “solution” posted here in this thread, and none have worked 100%.
The only workaround that does work 100% for me, is to disconnect the internet connection if it hangs on the CFU screen. Then as soon as it tells me the update is x-Gb i reconnect the internet adapter.
It will then go through all the normal screens and load bars……and eventually into the main screen.

This is IMHO simply a fault on the server end. It can not for some reason do the file state compare in order to decide what needs updating. Pulling the plug simply stops that deadlock and from there it continues.

2 Likes