Chicago Meigs MS:FS v4.0 vs 2020 (using addon) video

Hi, I have been trying Guillermo Zulueta’s awesome Meigs add on, and have taken a video of it (I am also using the 1.10.7.0 patch). The mod is awesome, as is the patch.

As a bonus, I also cranked up my old copy of MS Flight simulator 4.0 (the first version i owned) in Dox Box, and ran the same sort of loop, and that is the first part of the video. (Skip to time 2:10 for the 2020 version).

My computer specs: Ryzen 1800x 48gb RAM, SSD GTX1080i 4k resolution High End details with tweaks.

5 Likes

I was going to make a first post pleeding for Chicago Meigs to come back having just discovered its now a lake. Also there are other nicely positioned airports like the old Murcia airport in the south of Spain which is now fields.
So I take it from above one can get Meigs back, … How about Murcia and maybe there are others ?

1 Like

Awesome video thanks a lot!

1 Like

Hello
Thank you for this wonderful addon.
I bought the pro version about 2 weeks ago.
However, I have a problem for a few days: the runway disappeared and KCGX could not be found in the simulator.
Hangars and planes are present, but the runway is a large field of grass …
Please let me know if you have a solution.
cordially
Christian

That’s because the airport was closed down and the runway bulldozed almost 18 years ago. The OP is using a mod to get it back into the game: Merril C. Meigs Field (KCGX) for Microsoft Flight Simulator | MSFS there’s a couple more mods on flightsim.to and also a payware product that also adds it back into the game.

EDIT: Ignore all this, as I somehow managed to miss the fact that they had purchased the pro product all this is irrelevant.

I think he knows that, he bought the pro version of that product:
https://www.ztudios.com/home

@xrayflight91 Better try to get support from the author himself (@GuillermoZS6037)

1 Like

Oh, I somehow completely missed that line saying they bought the pro product. Egg on my face…

1 Like

Thank you to you 2
But I got a response from Guillermo who thinks it’s a cache issue.
I will try to reinstall
cordially

Thank you for a recreation of the Meigs field! Sorry for the late reply, but it really brought great memories!

1 Like