Cirrus SR22T G6

Launching with Sim Update 14 is a new version of the Cirrus SR22 from Working Title. This version replaces the previous SR22. Please use this thread to post your general feedback about the new version.

If you have a specific bug to report, please start a new topic in the appropriate section of the forums using the tag sr22t.

Thanks,
MSFS Team

7 Likes

Personal Comments and Observations

It’s been a great update. Myself and another user wrote mods prior to Working Title adding the turbocharger related SDK variables, and it was a bear to get it close to what the SU14 Cirrus delivers.

As an immediate recommendation to other sim pilots using the new Cirrus, Working Title has the actual Cirrus Manuals pinned in their Discord. It’s worth reading through the 2021 Perspective+ Manual and the supplements like the anti-icing (FIKI) functions.

There’s a lot to unpack. The new art is great - it could be just my memory starting to fade,but the airframe got a really nice refresh, I swear the reflectivity on the skin wasn’t there before.

The fully functional GCU (center keypad) makes switching COM channels and typing in waypoints/ICAO codes a breeze. I’m envious for anyone who has an actual GCU hardware programmed - that’s a lot of tactile fun.

Managing the powerplant will keep everyone busy. It’s very easy to redline EGT and overheat the CH. The manual is your friend.

It is slick on approach though. Using the Cirrus Stabilized Approach method, I try to be at 120 knots by the IAF, 100 by the FAF, and 30 pct before the piano keys at flaps 50 gives you about 85. Flare big. Descent at around 50 pct will give you a fast 160-180 ktas.

The CAS messages are very detailed, especially for me who forgets to switch tanks. :smile:

21 Likes

I only have a Cirrus SR22 in my hangar yet am on Premium Deluxe and when updating to SU14 never had any Content Management updates. Is this normal?

There’s a bug with the description, it still says SR22 but if you load the plane it will be the new SR22T.

7 Likes

Thank you Matt. Just to confirm also should I have any Content updates?

It’s bundled with the sim so it would have been updated along with everything else in SU14, so no extra updates, no.

5 Likes

Looking forward to giving her a spin :grinning:

Had major issues with my Turtle Beach Velocity One and the known trim wheel bug pegging the trim full down. Usually I can catch it or make the adjustments before flight. The new SR22 wouldn’t let me leave the ground without spinning in circles. I’d get to 60KIAS and would start to spin to the left. If I got to 75KIAS I couldn’t rotate. I Had to completely delete the trim wheel mapping to solve the issue. Seems ok now, first aircraft I’ve had to do this with, all others are manageable with the TB V1 trim wheel bug.

Glad we finally got an updated version of this aircraft. It was the sole reason I got the premium upgrade two years ago now. I was really excited for this release. The systems are so much more in depth and look so much better. The panel looks amazing.

A few nit picky items so far… I’m super disappointed in the looks of the CAPs cover, what happened to the actual handle and visible pin?! The default cockpit view is awful. It has you sitting right on top of the displays and if you turn around you’re a foot away from the headrest. The camera needs to be pushed back into the seat. (Which you can’t edit the default camera back and forth. I hate maping ALT 1 and hitting that every time I want to reset my view.) Lastly all this work on the panel and they left the seats and console white, and no new liveries… I guess they only listened to half of my complaints in this post from a year ago… :man_shrugging:t2:

Cirrus is known for their sports car colors and fast looks. We still have grandpas that got an avionics upgrade… :roll_eyes: Wasn’t it the Cirrus CEO that wanted a better version in the sim? I’m sure they want it to look good inside and out right?

1 Like

The default cockpit view was purposefully chosen to strike a balance between text legibility of the screen and distance to the left kick panel switches. It was moved backwards in comparison to before to allow access to the switches and give a reasonable view of the engine instruments without making the text impossible to read, especially at 1080 resolution.

For now we believe it strikes a good balance of all the potential issues for a default view, but of course we’ll watch feedback as other pilots use the plane.

As for the interior spec, it’s one of the most popular selections for new G6 builds. :slightly_smiling_face: Preferences of course may vary.

Since CAPS is not presently modeled, the cover is in place at all times. The handle and pin underneath the cover will not be visible.

6 Likes

Thanks for the reply! Like I said being very nit picky! :laughing: On an amazing upgrade we got today!

Here is the default view, where you cannot see the AP panel or have the window in your periphery. I feel it’s too squished into the windscreen.

Here is a bit further back with more window. I obviously like a wider angle set up I think my camera is at 10/15. If I want to see instruments there are views for those, the default should look as if you’re sitting in the aircraft. Not leaning forward squinting at screens. We all have our own preferences so I’m sure it’s hard to nail down a happy medium.

Very small, I’m one of those 1080 users - instruments unreadable unfortunately. I slightly adjust the default view a little bit wider, but not by much.

Oh yeah, even on my 4K 32" monitor I’m having trouble reading the instruments at that distance. That being said, the default view you show there is still further back than we have it configured, so maybe there’s a camera position mod at play there. (Though if you already think that’s too far forward, you’re unlikely to be in love with the actual position :sweat_smile:)

2 Likes

Been in a many SR22 you don’t sit with your head that far over the panels. Looks like you have a GoPro on your head in your default view. It’s just too high and over the top of the panels. You sit down in these babies with them out in front of you. Also, like I said if I need to see panels or instruments there is a zoom on my mouse, much like in real life leaning forward to see something. Of course I’m not flying around in the wide view all the time, I zoom, I look around. :joy:

By actual position I meant the actual default camera position we chose. Apologies for the lack of clarity!

3 Likes

Hello @ElasticSack182,

Just in case you weren’t already aware, you can easily create a custom view exactly how you like it for your personal preferences.

The default keybinds (on PC) are CTRL+F10 to save a view after you’ve set it up how you like and then Shift+F10 to reset back to the original view.

Thanks,
MSFS Team

11 Likes

Per First Post in this thread, please do not report Bugs here. Use Search for existing posts first. Thanks.

A post was merged into an existing topic: SR22 Elevator Trim Reversed

Thanks so much, this also works on Xbox. A little glitchy it likes camera zoom set at default 50 or it will be super wide.

It’s just such a beauty inside I wanna see all of it! Fantastic upgrade, has that “real feel!”

How do I access the SR22? Does it have to be purchased somewhere else first?

You must own Premium Deluxe version of the sim.

2 Likes

Hello @SCNRFRQ,

The new SR22T replaces the previous Cirrus SR22. Both versions, old and new, require owning the Premium Deluxe edition of Microsoft Flight Simulator.

Thanks,
MSFS Team