Cirrus Vision Jet Auto Throttle Doesn't Work For FMS

I noticed the Auto Throttle doesn’t work as in does in the real world. In the real world, the Cirrus Vision Jet has speeds programmed into it, which the Auto Throttle makes use of, when engaged in FMS mode.

In MSFS, the Auto Throttle Manual-Mode works just fine, but the FMS-Mode just keeps the plane at 250 kts. Is this a bug, or was this feature not implemented into the Sim by the makers of this Cirrus Vision Jet plane model?

I believe this will be addressed with the upcoming 2.0 update for the Vision Jet, see [Released] SF50 Vision Jet G2 - #679 by mk89ns

It seems like it will have full VNAV capabilities a la the WT CJ4 and Longitude once the update drops. They are currently in their third of three beta testing stints.

Personal Comments and Observations

I don’t understand the question.

FMS dictates specific level and climb speeds (250 knots and 165 knots respectively), based on the aircraft’s attitude and specified autopilot modes - AT ON + LVL or AT-ON + FMS = 250, AT ON + FLC = 165.

These are the most optimal speeds for the autopilot phases noted. Ask any O/O and they will tell you there is very little to be gained by throttling back at cruise. Most of them operate at WOT in cruise as dictated by the FADEC and AT.

If you’re referring to AT-Manual Mode, in level flight the AT Throttle holds speed just fine. It’s in descents that the speeds will “creep” up > 10 knots outside of the designated speed as set by the IAS dial/knob. That requires monitoring by the pilot and occasional spins or touches of the IAS dial/knob to “remind” AT that they’re outside of the acceptable variance based on target descent speed.

It is true as well that AT-MAN will hold those speeds better in Vision 2.0 which also incorporates G3000 AAU1. However, the designated speeds of 250 and 165 as noted above are still set and will operate in that manner if FMS is used in conjunction with AT.

3 Likes

FlightFX confirmed what you said. So I just have to wait for version 2. Thanks. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Does it work yet? I engaged FMS and AT with an ALT set, and it wouldn’t climb.

Are your altitudes and speed constraints entered into the flight plan?

I usually climb using FLC, which will usually climb at around 165kts. Always figured this was a preconfigured optimal rate of climb.

They are. I’ll have to confirm but I think what happened is it was a short flight and my first waypoint was actually the start of the STAR and so when it synced from simbrief, I think it entered it as a descent profile instead of climb. The next flight worked fine.

2 Likes

Like the Vision jet But… How do you make the head phones lying on the dashboard disappear when doing a cold start? and where is the nav light switch, is it the one labelled ‘Ice Lights’ ??

Click the tablet (hiding somewhere off to the lower left IIRC) to show it, then you can select ‘Bose’ and ‘enable’ the headphones (putting them on, so they’re not sitting on the dash). There’s also some sort of audio attenuation option there, have not used it.

Thank you for that. Tablet located headphones sorted. Now about the Navigation lights switch?

1 Like

I don’t know the answer offhand, but it’s in the official documentation:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1iURpG7SVLDdAYimv-F14DRP9xFYyLSDk

Thanks again for your help. So enjoy flying the Vision jet in VR

1 Like