CJ Simulations Eurofighter Typhoon released

Thanks…. I found it.

2 Likes

Looking forward to this one on xbox

1 Like

Nice piece of eye candy for sure but Oh what a big performance drag, even worse than PMDG products. Fast low level manoeuvring yields 25 fps an overage and a real stutter fest on landing ay Coningsby. Furthermore, in drone camera replay mode the thing only appears once its over the runway numbers, making any airshow routine bit of a difficult proposition. Can’t even get the Range magic tool to fix that! Any tips to resolve would be much appreciated. Just itching to polish off that airshow routine :slight_smile: i5-9600Km RTX 2060 Super 8GB Vram, 32 GB Ram.

As posted on the Facebook page I cannot get this installed properly. The HUD and ECAMS are all corrupted. I tried removing the Typhoon and then removed all addon aircraft from the sim. Rebooted and reloaded the Typhoon. But no improvement.

I’d suggest opening a ticket with our support team at Just Flight. We can then look into matters, with the developer, if required.

1 Like

Sometimes, during downloading something gets wrong. So, redownload the package and try that.

1 Like

Used designated button to show pilot but is still not visible?

Let’s see regarding the support of my product and not the installer, we have a discord channel where we can assist you. We are not longer authorized to provide support here.

Just to be sure, it is this switch I was talking about:

I tested it again, and it shows the pilot, even if the plane is cold and dark:

If it is still not working, contact the developer via e-mail or their Discord channel. I hope, the issue of a not showing pilot will be solved quickly.

personally im excited that the TYPHOON is coming from a provren development team and that its fully functional on console aswell.
Top effort from all involved well done :+1:

5 Likes

The JustFlight store page says this:

I believe this is the standard “Two Letter Acronym Designs” disclaimer also found on the Concorde.

I’m curious, which systems specifically have been simplified?

1 Like

I welcome these aircraft just would like to know what’s meant by less demanding to fly?

I would love and would be happy to pay extra for a version that’s more demanding and complex to fly please :slightly_smiling_face: especially the old F14!

This is in no way a criticism I think these jets are great I just want the most realistic experience I can get with my sim even if that meant paying for an enhancement add on etc. If someone could explain this that would be great thank you.

1 Like

How long until its available in marketplace guys?

1 Like

Expected to 27th if all goes well! Is already in the testing phase but seems is going at good pace!

5 Likes

Fantastic work CJ cheers

1 Like

I think it’s reasonable to describe a lot of it as fictitious rather than simplified.

For example the swtiches used to start the engines appear to have been reappropriated from something entirely different in the real aircraft.

I’m also confused about the ‘lift dump’ implementation. While the real Eurofighter definitely has such a system (it’s very obvious on landing videos) I’ve seen no evidence of a switch for it in the location of the CJ version.

The switch exists in the DA7 prototype version, it is what the development of the plane has been based on since it is declassified material. Indeed, the series version of the real plane does not carry it, but we have included it.

1 Like

Understood, thanks. I did see one video which demonstrated that the switch affects the foreplanes during flight, which seemed rather alarming. When ‘ON’, doesn’t it require certain conditions such as weight on wheels and/or idle throttle?

I’m assuming it’s the lift dump that’s visible in this video? The foreplanes pitch down (variably - depending on speed?) and the elevons also move up to further increase drag.

Let’s say that when it is ON (or Auto) the operation is the same as in the serial version, that is, the foreplanes and the ailerons would follow this scheme:

Normally you see the max deflection on the ground when the throttle is at idle and the speed is between 20 and 80 knots. In the release version review the behavior was poorly implemented, because below 20knots, or throttles not idle, flaperons/foreplanes/slats must be in neutral position. However, in the conditions mentioned, the attached scheme is followed, in the case of slats, when 17 degrees of AOA are exceeded, they are deployed. It has been fixed in today’s update.

Setting Lift/dump to off, according to the manual, the foreplanes are placed at 2 degrees (UP).

Note that this is when the landing gear is extended.

I found this which describes conditions required for it to be active. Only when the nosewheel is on the ground and both throttles are idle…

Page 1-160 in the document I’m looking at.