CJ4 cabin altitude warning?

Hi

Just reached FL410 in the default CJ4 and this warning has come up (Centre display). What have I done wrong?

Please don’t suggest using the working title Mod as the solution, I have tried many times and I get stutters, pauses and CTDs with that mod and it is unusable. The default CJ4 is fine for my needs, just wondering why the message came up. I can’t find any switches to adjust the pressurisation except “dump”.

Thanks
Andy

‘dump’ will dump the cabin pressure!
Bleed air is ON? (btw. pitot heat should be always ON in flight as well)

Yeah pitot is on - the message comes up when it’s on in the default CJ4. Bizarre I know!

Can’t find anything that relates to bleed air on the default aircraft. No worries, thankfully I didn’t black out sitting here in my study!

1 Like

Ooops. Just checked online and the pressurization system seems to be fully automatic.
Since I don’t have the CJ4 installed I can’t help you in this case, sorry.

No problem, thanks anyway.

1 Like

There’s a bleed switch that needs to be set to ‘auto’ - its hidden behind the right side of the pilots yoke.

Edit - ignore this is CJ4 not Longitude, must be similar though.

I think this is a bug.

This warning should occur when you’re above the maximum rated FL450, but as you are showing here you’re still below that.

1 Like

The mod is quite usable. You must have some other conflict or limitation in your system if you are getting stutters, pauses and crashes.

Its probably a bug. The default TBM does it when you get to FL280 on the auto mode, so you have to use max diff pressure selection instead. Honestly, the CJ4 working title mod is awesome, in my view, the best aircraft so far.

I think I’ll go with “it’s a bug” as the answer to this question.

Thanks

1 Like

Thanks for the input folks.

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

no, unless pressure switch is set to a different position than normal and warning is not cabin altitude than OP is reporting.

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

no message at FL430. But if I move the pressure switch to another position different than normal a message is displayed

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

FL430, pressure switch set to normal:

Pressure switch set to R:

?I dont see any warning message in your screenshot.

On the last screenshot: “Pressure Source Not Norm”. Maybe not a warning like the ones in red, just informative since in blue:

Thanks for the new replies. I think you can close this thread now as I haven’t seen this issue for a long time and it must have been fixed when Working Title was integrated into the default aircraft. I have set DementedCorn’s response as “solution” so as to close the thread. Thanks.

1 Like

That’s exactly the point. It’s simply an advisory message which has nothing to do with cabin altitude and it doesn’t require any pilot action.

I just had the same warning for the first time yesterday when landing at Lhasa airport in Nepal. The field elevation is over 11,000’. On landing, I got a Master Warning and that cabin pressure warning popped up. I know in most jets, you can set the cabin altitude pressure for the destination airport but can’t see a way to do it in the Citation.

A warning at 11000ft is correct, even if you could set the landing elevation to this altitude (the Citation does this automatically AFAIK like most other jets.)

You need to check the flight manual limitation section.
I wouldn’t be surprised if the maximum takeoff and landing altitude is 8000ft or lower.
On most planes the cabin altitude caution triggers at 8500ft.