CJ4 FMS and Little Nav Map

Will the CJ4 FMS and/or Little Nav Map ever be compatible so that a LNM flight plan (.pln) can be loaded in the sim?? Or, am I forced to buy a Navigraph subscription for access to Simbrief plans, which, apparently, can be loaded into the FMS???

Supposed workarounds from 2021, using IDX and load from game don’t seem to work, the FMS simply takes a direct to route.

Are you saying exporting a Little Nav Map route into a .PLN and loading it on the World Map does not work? I know there are some quirks with that method when the nav databases don’t match, but you should be able to do that and get “close”.

You can also use Simbrief without a subscription. The database will be older so you may have to clean up a couple of waypoints, but I used a free Simbrief account and imported to the Working Title CJ4 for quite a while.

2 Likes

You can export LNM plans into a PLN file that MSFS can load via the world map. You can then load that into the CJ4 (WT mod) via the FMS. Quick, easy and free. And uses the same navdata you already have available in the sim natively.

Simbrief is free, although you don’t get the most current AIRAC cycle data with the free version. You have to pay for that via a Navigraph subscription. You don’t need Navigraph to use it, however. Create your plan. Link your Simbrief account via the WT CJ4 FMS, and import away for free.

1 Like

Thank you for the quick reply!
I now have about an hour’s worth of experience with the CJ4 FMS although I have logged 20 hours and a couple of successful trips with the CJ4. Iit’s a lot harder when you don’t know what you’re doing :grimacing:
Anyway, LNM .plns exported into the sim are far from the route the sim actually takes.
Bear in mind that all my MSFS experience (1000+ hours) is in GA aircraft, singles, twins and turbos, mostly using G1000 or Nxi avionics, which easily accept LNM flight plans, so the FMS is a steep learning curve at this point. I can still use the FMS to get from point A to point B but it has little to do with the flight plan I created in LNM.
I do have a Simbrief account, which I created months and months ago, but I don’t recall ever using it much, if at all. Revisiting YouTube videos on creating flight plans reminds me that it takes quite a while longer than it does in LNM which is why I abandoned Simbrief.
Apparently, the goal of an accurate flight plan is not easy, if not impossible, so it looks like I’m going to have to invest time in Simbrief in order to use the CJ4 as I’d like to.
So, I’m off to see if I can launch the Simbrief app and try to create a workable flight plan there.
Thanks again!

Once you have your Simbrief dispatch page setup and you have the right airframes linked (WT has a link to their CJ4 airframe Simbrief profile on their site), then creating a Simbrief plan is just a few clicks and is probably faster than LNM. Once you do it a couple times, I think you’ll see this. Simbrief can be as quick as pick departure, pick desitination, select airframe, generate flight. Maybe 30 seconds :slight_smile:

1 Like

It seems I am missing something. I just checked: if you create a LNM flight plan, export it in MSFS format, start MSFS, select the CJ4, load the exported LNM flight plan and start the flight, the LNM plan shows up in the CJ4 FMS.

If you use the WT CJ4, it does NOT load the flight plan automatically but you can use the FMS to import the MSFS flight plan into the FMS.

Isn’t this what you are looking to do?

1 Like

On Simbrief, new flight, set departure then destination, choose embedded Citation 4 Airframe, choose the suggested flightplan, and then save. I then went to Briefing (where I think I can download and save the .PLN, when it tells me I don’t have an Active Flightplan. Sheeesh!
So, back to LNM where I download the flightplan, rather than export it. Then to MSFS, where from World Map, I loaded from downloads and got it into the FMS. The aircraft appears to be following the LNM plan, with the exception of a few waypoints that were in there. LOL! I don’t know how this is gonna work, but it’s better than I had. :smile:

Did you generate the flight plan before saving it?

If you mean is Simbrief, I believe I did. Not sure how to be certain. I selected the offered flight plan that was presented, I don’t know if that ‘generates’ a flightplan that I can use in Briefing?

The flight plan you saw was only the suggested flight plan. If you try to save this, no final flight plan is generated. This is why in Briefing you had no Active Flightplan.

Before saving you have to click on GENERATE FLIGHT. If you then save it, you will have an Active Flightplan in Briefing. This you can load directly into the FMS of the CJ4, and additionally you can download the corresponding MSFS .pln file which you can load into the World Map.

Thanks for the clarification! I figured out what step was missing, but, in the meantime, I found that LittleNavMap flight plans can be saved to the Download folder on the PC, loaded from there into World Map and then, from the FMS, I can go to IDX, then Route and from there a button that wil load saved games. That works fine and I like that because I use LNM to monitor flight progress and other things on its moving map.
Thanks, again!

1 Like