Clicking on secondary monitors also click in the sim

Hello Simmers,

I’m experiencing a quite frustrating issue where, during a flight, if I click something on a side monitor (I have three, my sim always run on the middle one which is the main), it also do a click action in the sim at the last cursor postion.

Why it’s frustrating, because those last postions are often the side storm window on the left side, or right door latch. Meaning if I want to go on my right monitor which is often running Navigraph Charts and open my approach plate, well I also open the door and make the aircraft crash - flight over. My left monitor is often used for OnAir or NeoFly, yep those who knows about those two addon, I am flying a purchased aircraft either from the VA I’m working for or my one, this means I crashed mine or their aircraft and has to be replaced at high virtual money costs.

My sim is in Full Window mode, as recommed by guides for the best in game stability. I’m following those performance guidelines because I have been very unlucky with a ton of CTDs and sometime on VATSIM, now that it’s stable I’d like to keep it that way if it’s possible.

Is there a fix for that ‘‘Double click’’ issue, when the cursor gets out of the sim Window it wont click both in the sim and in other monitors ?

Thanks in advance for the help !!

Hi. If you want to avoid clicking to activate a window….
Control Panel - Click on the Ease of access center - Click on “Make the mouse easier to use” - tick on “Activate a window by hovering over it with the mouse”

3 Likes

This is still an issue. I’ve mysteriously crashed my Black Square Baron several times, and I’m 90% sure this is the case…the window handle glows blue when I drag straight off to the left monitor and will open the window if I click the mouse.

Any solutions? I couldn’t quite figure out what the response above meant. Is this a Windows setting, or FS2020?

It’s a Windows setting. Here is how you find it in W10.
Click Start and then Settings…

Type “control panel” in the “Find a setting” box
Click on the resulting “Control Panel” below the box. The Control Panel window will open.

Click on the “Ease of Access” option.

Click on “Change how your mouse works”

Select the “Activate a window by hovering over it with the mouse” option to get a check in the box.
Click on OK or Apply buttons

Thanks…I did find this (Windows 11 “Ease of access center”), but this was already checked, I think? I’ll revisit this later today after my day job.

None of these solutions will fix the bug the way MSFS handles the sim window.

I worked with a developer to make a free custom solution.

Hey Guys,

I was so fed up with this bug, I got in contact with a developer who was able to solve it.

You can download the solution by going to Windhawk

He created a mod called Flight Simulator window focus helper which solves the way MSFS does not deactivate as the active window once your mouse leaves the game. The app will also reactivate the MSFS window once your mouse returns to the game the way a normal game would behave.

It has saved me a lot of frustration.

This does not work in Windows 11. With this option set, I can still accidentally open my window in flight when on my left monitor. Appreciate you posting, though.

CORRECTION: It actually does work, I think? The window handle still glows blue as if it’s selected, but if I click on my left monitor it doesn’t trigger the handle, and my passengers/plane/me are safe. Thanks!

I still might try the solution posted by @BetterPilot3250 . Will advise.