Cloud Layer is raising

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

No

Brief description of the issue:

When you passed the upper cloud layer (e.g broken clouds etc) and climb to your FL the cloud layer also raises. It seems that you are not climbing because the clouds also getting a high altitude.
This issue appears in FSX aswell

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Provide coordinates (DevMode > Options > Display position)

Provide time & date of the observed Weather issue

11.10.2022 but every day

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

load live weather e.g.

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

not relevant

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

Every Build

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

i’ve always wondered if cloud heights are correct, to me they seem higher than they’re supposed to be especially the lower level ones

clouds

2 Likes

Yes this is also my experience. In MSFS aswell in FSX the clouds are obviously higher

3 Likes

Wait, that’s a photo from the sim?!

its a real life photo. the sim doesn’t do several things shown in that photo… such as the patterns in the lower cumulus to the top-right just under this edge of the higher layer. or the nice cloud shadows. or the sheer volume of properly sized and colored cumulus that are actually ‘way down there’ instead of being right up under your craft (and much bigger).

This problem reported here as ‘Cloud layer is raising’ is (from what I can tell) an intermittent condition. Cloud layers – its almost always just a single simple layer – they will follow you. I’ve noticed it mostly when Im flying my C172 at 7500 feet or so and I’ll see a layer in front of me and decide to fly under it but it’ll just drop with me until it reaches about 2500 (maybe less). It is one of the most frustrating things. Clouds should be clouds…forming at an altitude, transforming into other shapes by growing and dissipating, being blown apart by different level winds… They are what they are and where they are and one should be able to fly around them. but yeah, its been a problem for a long time but only some times. its as if the live weather gives up and we go to a simple canned scripted single layer that doesnt know where to go so it just follows you to give you something to look at. yeeesh! and then at other times it all seems to work.

3 Likes