Cloud texture shows vertical lines AMD DX12

Same here. Before upgrading to 6750XT DX12 worked fine. Now I can see the vertical lines.

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OPā€™s steps to reproduce it?

Yes
Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

Itā€™s already well discribed
Are you using DX12?

yes

Are you using DLSS?

no because I have a AMD 6800M graphic card

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

1 Like

This is the only issue in MSFS I have had with my 6700 XT.

No other issues when used with an extensive library of sims, games, and other apps. My AMD card performs as well as my Nvidia 1660Ti and even my old 1080Ti. I have found over the years that even Nvidia cards have had/have issues.

Must have been a problem on your end.

1 Like

Not at all. Go online, and you will find for many games visual anomalies will tend to be for AMD cards. Iā€™m not sure why but itā€™s definitely a thing.

1 Like

YES

Tried other options (AA / FSR / Window Mode etc) but the vertical lines are visible at fog or on clouds if DX 12 is enabled. Only ā€œsolutionā€ is to switch to DX11.
SU11 didnā€™t solve it!

Are you using DX12?

YES

Are you using DLSS?

no

No it doesnĀ“t, not even full version of SU11, this error it will be fixed only when DX12 is fully implemented on fs2020, or off course AMD team fixed on drivers update .

1 Like

Same issue here. XFX 6700 XT running at 1440p, 5600x. Iā€™ve tried beta drivers and the most recent WHQL drivers (DDU uninstall between drivers).
When running the sim in DX12, regardless of the anti aliasing setting, I get vertical lines when in the clouds. I did notice however, that if you enable FSR, the lines space wider apart as you go down the quality settings. May just be a coincidence, but I thought would share. My fix for now is simply running in DX11 on the latest AMD WHQL driver.

1 Like

Is this topic solved? Iā€™m having the same issue. Same GPU 6700XT

Ive got the same issue but not experienced it til this 40th anniv update

6700xt, win11, 22.5.1 (whql)

Used dx12 (prob not after today) because it worked super smooth for me.

1st plane i noticed it in were the prop discs on the DC3.
Then took a flight in the Beaver and all the cockpit glass had the veritcle lines
Curtiss biplane does the prop disc issue as well

yes

issue in DX12 only. The issue inpacts all aircraft when wntering clouds/low visibility.

yes

It appears that the issue only happens to AMD Cards ( mine is 6750 XT) using directx 12 Windows 10 latest update. AMD driver, latest update. The lines appear in the windshield and side windows only when crossing clouds.

1 Like

Same issue here, 6700XT + DX12

I am also having the same issue with a 6700xt in high cloud weather(overcast/rain) with all the latest updates/drivers.

1 Like

Hi! I see no rush to fix this issue. Maybe some cooperation with AMD will help MS to fix this. I suggest everyone who is expiriencing this problem to report this bug here (and vote for it), but also to report this bug to AMD using their bug reporting tool.

The AMD Bug Reporting Tool can be found here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/amdbrt

I prepared some descriptions to make such report easier to create. If you choose to report to AMD you can use it as a template. Screens are made in Polish AMD BRT translation (thereā€™s no option to change language), but below there is text description.

AMD application: AMD Graphic Card / AMD Software

Game/application: Other application

Application name: Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020

Symptoms: Image distortion / flickering / no image

Description: MSFS2020 cloud texture shows vertical lines using DX12 and Radeon RX 67x0

Steps to reproduce:
ā€¦
MSFS lets you use DX11 or DX12. On DX11 theres no issue. But using DX12 there are vertical lines on some areas of screen (clouds, translucent elements, glass cockpit instruments).

People on MSFS forum confirms that this problem is related to only one series of cards: RX67x0. More info and screenshots on public MSFS forum (linked below). In my case problem affects AMD Radeon RX 6750 XT.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Install MSFS2020 on computer with AMD Radeon RX 67x0 graphic card
  2. Run MSFS
  3. In General Settings set DirectX Version to DX12 (restart is required)
  4. Start any flight with foggy or cloudy weather
  5. Look outside a window, look at planeā€™s propellers, look at glass cockpit instruments

ā€¦

Driver history: Current and previous drivers

Power supply wattage: (your PSU wattage)

Attachments: (grab one or two screenshots and attach them)

Links:

1. Cloud texture shows vertical lines AMD DX12 (this topic link, click Add Link button)

Address e-mail: (your valid e-mail address)

Sample:
brt1
brt2

3 Likes

Nice initiative, I already sent the report too. Everybody should do the same - in my opinion it could be more driver related than MS related.

3 Likes

yes

Same graphics card (RX 6700 XT)

Are you using DX12?

Yes

Are you using DLSS?

N/A

1 Like

yes

Graphics Card with AMD Radeon 6700 XT (from Asus)

Are you using DX12?

yes

Are you using DLSS?

no

Any solution for this issue? Iā€™ts driving my nuts off. Iā€™m about to swap my card for a Nvidia one.

Solution: Use DX11. Or get a 6800/6900 series card, they arenā€™t affected. Or Nvidia.

DX12 is still in Beta, and there are some issues that affect Nvidia cards too, e.g. the apron ground tiles not being rendered correctly at airports (some apron tiles disappear occasionally, with the satellite imagery coming through)ā€¦

Yes

Radeon RX 6700 any driver from 22.9.1 to 22.11.2

Are you using DX12?

Yes

Are you using DLSS?

N/A

N/A