Cloud textures pixelated and grainy

It is nice to see clouds relatively normal comparing the previous noise issue but how about reverting back to those great release version clouds ? Come on ASOBO you can do it. :wink:
We all remember that clouds were much better than current condition.

Fly safe.

1 Like

Just checking great! :wink: download has been going for 3 hours and not even halfway :cry:

I see cloud textures fixed - don’t suppose anyone who tried those Sharpen/FilmGrain, etc. fixes before has tested yet, did you change those settings back to “1” instead of “0” in the UserCFG file now?

I set my config file back to the standard and I have noticed a good improvement but the graininess isn’t gone on larger cumulous formations and I’m wondering if there is any further steps I should take, should I do a clean install? Or is setting everything back to normal on the config file as good as I’m going to get?

I belonging in the “ongoing improvements” group. I stick with noisy clouds for further references :neutral_face:

In the same boat, scratch what I said earlier, after comparing with screenshots of my clouds before the update there is no improvement for me at all…

1 Like

hopefully will see some improvements in all areas when sim update comes out… Imo that is what we need not extra content (yet)

Yes I certainly hope so, I’m curious, what monitor and GPU are you using?

Also here are my clouds currently.

The noise on my stuff used to affect everything from clouds (by far the worst), waterlines, distant objects, and lot of the end of various models and buildings, only thing that helped slightly before was turning off the sharpening on my monitor. That is all fixed now and I haven’t seen it look this good in many months since release (even with my monitor sharpening back to previous). I couldn’t tell you if its similar or worse than release, no screenshots and don’t remember. I wonder if these are two different issues with a heavy correlation?

geez! not pleasant isn’t? I’m with you… I run it with an RTX 3060Ti in 1080p (rendered 2880*1620), the display is a Sam LC27FG73

You don’t know how jealous I am of you… I’m doing another clean install to see if it changes anything.

Not pleasant at all, I use a Sam LC49RG90SSNXZA at 5120*1440 and an RTX 2080 Super… I wonder if Samsung or Nvidia have got something to do with this…

Did a clean install and still have the same issue.

Well, since the World update, it seems they did make some improvements, not as bad as it was before the update on my end. The way I made sure that the updates were applied was to take off read-only from the UserCfg.opt file located in C:\Users%Username%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator, delete it and launch the sim. If you have it on read-only, even if you uninstall, the file will not be deleted or updated.

These are my current results.

Improvements are still ongoing, but much better than it was before. I will keep testing it in different lighting situations and let you know of my findings.

Improvements from World Update 3, marked as ‘Ongoing improvements’.

Re-opened due to community request to continue discussions.

3 Likes

64 posts were merged into an existing topic: Pixelated and grainy clouds are back 1.14.5.0

571 votes have been moved.

Hi all,
Another topic sprouted up for this around the same time this issue was reopened. In consultation with @Jummivana , in order to make it easier for the developers to see what’s new with grainy clouds since this was initially resolved, I’m moving everything into the new thread.
For the many of you who have voted for this topic since it was reopened, we cannot transfer votes, so if you are still having grainy cloud issues, you should definitely vote for the new topic, as well:

3 Likes