Clouds after update

Yeah, that made my laugh (or cy) a bit!

No this new weather system was put straight into SU7, no beta test.

I donā€™t know what they are doing, they havenā€™t even they are aware of the main issue, that been TCU clouds round the airports and too low.

1 Like

You donā€™t think all the posts from the moderators make it very clear they are aware of the feedback?

There was a long beta period for su7. But Asobo found that the current state was good enough for a big release. I am sure that they are aware of the issues and some of those will be addressed in su8!

No it was the hotfix from some days ago that officially fixed that. Donā€™t spread fake news please :stuck_out_tongue:

Check out my latest video, the clouds touched by the right amount of sunlight look absolutely dreamy and amazing in VR!:beers:

2 Likes

Okay, I should have said SU7.2 :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

No, because they donā€™t say which issues they are aware of at all.

No? This?

1 Like

That is from Dec 21, before the last update.

Yep. In the mean time they have released su7.2, which solved the most pressing issues.

This was mentioned in the release notes:

Weather

• Improved management of high proximity METARs to avoid hard weather transitions :busts_in_silhouette:
  • Fixed abnormal temperatures above FL450 :busts_in_silhouette:
  • Fixed custom weather preset save data
  • Live Weather clouds on ground should now be displayed as fog :busts_in_silhouette:
  • Rain and fog now correctly receive shadows from clouds above
  • Fixed ā€œ10SMā€ metar visibility :busts_in_silhouette:
  • Fixed live weather refering to AMSL instead of AGL :busts_in_silhouette:

Good communication in my view. These improvements were beta tested, hence the symbol, and were also confirmed by the feedback of some users I read. More will come in su8.
So they communicate, but maybe not as often as you would like. So what would be a good way for you?

1 Like

Well that is a difference of opinion on the merits of SU7.2 as you call it, for me and plenty of others, it achieved very little.

It depends on what you think the pressing issues are, for me it is the overabundance of TCU clouds and far too low an altitude, nether matching the METAR nor looking plausible. I have seen no communication on this matter.

1 Like

Or this:

And thereā€™s the issue right there. That is your view. I may have a different view, the mods might have a different view and the devs anotrher. This is where live wetaher become an art and not a science

1 Like

And this:

It is fairly obvious to anyone that the current injection of clouds around airports is incorrect.

I liked the weather before when it was like real life not 100% accurate to prediction. Some likes it now when 100% accurate? Is it really 100% accurate now? They need to find a balance or have options for it.

Absolutely none of these mention the issue of cloud injection introduced in SU7.

I might have to drop you a DM because Iā€™d love to get started with it but have no knowledge of whatā€™s best or where to start.

This was SeedyLā€™s reaction on weather complaints. But it seems that you expect it to be handed on a silver plate to you. Disappointment will be yours Iā€™m afraid.
I really do think that all the many contributions on cloud formations on this forum, including yours, will help Asobo to improve the system.
The matter of communication, or lack of, is a different one. Might I suggest that you post a topic on this in the Q&A section which is open for input at the moment?

With hindsight this would have been a better quote of the great SeedyL.

2 Likes