Clouds at ground level at KDEN

Im using Live Weather and for some reason i always have clouds on ground level at KDEN. Could it have anything to do with the APT elev (5000ft+) . anybody else expierenced that? i usually dont fly from/to airport in high elevation.

happy flying!

I believe that’s called “fog”

1 Like

It is typically called fog when near the ground. If you do a quick search for Fuji and clouds you can see something like that.

its just not like fog at all. im sitting at the gate and can watch big cloud patches travel trough the airprot on ground level. i found that a little bit weird. in the picture you can see its clear and sunny and there is just one huge cloud moving through.
thanks for the input.

That’s what fog looks like from the outside.

the skies are clear. its about a few single clouds randomly sitting on the ground. ill make another screenshot when im back there.

Maybe its a problem with Microsoft’s interpretation of the weather data. If you feel it’s a bug then please report it to Zendesk.

You always see it at KDEN? Note that many users are currently reporting that the Live Weather is stuck recycling old data currently as the weather data isn’t updating properly, so it might just be that issue causing the weather to be rather static for the past few days.

But otherwise “Clouds on the Ground” has been a bug since the Alpha. I see it from time to time myself. It often gets dismissed as “fog” by the apologists on here and even the devs themselves, despite the fact that the simulator is clearly drawing scattered cumulus in temperatures and humidity which wouldn’t support fog at all. Report it, but it’s going on the backlog along with everything else like lightning in mostly clear skies, live weather not matching current conditions, extreme icing…

4 Likes

at and around EDDM

Yes theres a few reports that clouds around 3000-5000 are now being drawn as ground level. this has been since SU7. I thought it was gfog but its every flight now and landing through to ground with cloud. once again unusable at times. Love these updates, fix something break the important things!! Been reported to zendesk too. FFS do these people at Asobo actually test these updates.

1 Like

There is a lot of topic about clouds on ground and it’s not fog. It’s a bug and it affect the whole weather in the game as many clouds layers are underground too. Also it has been noticed by the developers too…so definitely not fog!