Clouds popping in and out, sudden changes during flight

I’m seeing this a lot more in the recent update. Any chance we can get a fix? Kills the immersion to see clouds appearing instantly around you. Sometimes the whole skyline suddenly changes. I don’t remember this in the old weather system.

1 Like

What time of day did that happen? There is a live weather issue that live weather shuts itself off at a certain time and turns back on at the same time every day. For me on the west coast of the USA live weather comes back on at 4:13 PM.

It’s kind of funny being in a flight in clear blue skies right before the live weather turns on and then suddenly find yourself in IFR conditions and your Altimeter is all messed up. There have been a number of times I am trying to get back onto the ground quickly so that doesn’t happen on approach and the wind/altimeter/viability all change!

It has been doing this ever since they started using METAR. Especially when transitioning from one METAR to another. The weather going offline for an hour every day as LosekeClaus is referring to also started happening at the same time. Trying to mix METAR with meteoblue broke the weather system, plain and simple.

3 Likes

I have also noticed popping clouds all of a sudden…

1 Like

yes, i can confirm pop in clouds, haze apearing and disapeating, it has improved a little bit with the hotfix but dont fixed at all

I was flying in the south of Boston earlier, everything was snow covered and the atlantic was starting to freeze along the edges, when pow the snow disappeared from the ground and the everything turned green again… priceless

Use rex weather its better at this point than live weather

These issues we see with snow cover disappearing and clouds popping in and out etc I think is more than just a case of transitions not being smooth. Transitions shouldn’t impact snow cover.

I think there’s something really fundamentally broken with the weather right now which makes issues such as transitions even worse.

You only have to look at the world map cloud coverage and then load up in game and see the coverage is totally different often. Even the higher cloud which is not controlled by metar is often wrong and not depicted correctly.

I’m guessing somewhere in the code or server something is seriously broken right now.

2 Likes

It doesn’t have gradual transitions though ? Apparently changes between metar stations are abrupt like in the old FSX days…

The whole new system is a mess

2 Likes

Yea flight earlier today at fl350 winds went from a 120knt headwind instantly to a 120knt tailwind ridiculous.

Fixed in SU12: Release Notes - Sim Update 12 [1.31.22.0] Available Now