Co pilot Addon

Hi all

I downloaded this software a couple of years ago where you can have a co-pilot sit on the right hand side of the cockpit with you, I cannot remember the name of the software as I am seeking the keys to press to show / hide the co-pilot, any ideas?

There’s a software for that?

Copilot visibility or not highly dependent on the aircraft and the developer themselves. Like for example, the FlyByWire A32NX, and the Headwind A339X aircraft has the pilot and copilot visibility feature built-in to the aircraft itself. You can enable and disable them via the EFB FlyPad. Other aircraft like the IndiaFoxtEcho F-35 Lightning II aircraft, have the pilot visibility function by clicking a specific area in the cockpit which will toggle between no pilot, headless pilot, or full pilot model.

But other aircraft may or may not have the same functionality depending on the developer add them in or not.

You can also manually enable them by doing some game file editing to add the pilot models to spawn and render in the cockpit with you. I’ve made a video tutorial on how to do this a while ago, which may or may not work depending on the aircraft you’re trying to add the pilots to.

Otherwise, the only other thing that I know of that enables the pilot or copilot is a mod released by modders. I know I released my version some time ago, but it’s difficult to keep it maintained because it overrides the default original file of the aircraft and if they update to a new version, I have to keep making the mod to make it compatible. But the mod only works for a specific aircraft for a specific version, I don’t know if there ever was any sort of “software” that runs in the background which will allow you to enable/disable pilots in the cockpit for any aircraft using a hotkey.

2 Likes

Yeah sorry its be a while since I played Fs2020 - it is the default co pilots that come with the sim.

Well yeah, that’s what I meant… The default copilots that come with the sim are simply animated models that are only visible from the external camera. And there’s no function to enable them inside the cockpit by default.

You need to download the specific aircraft that has that function built-in to the aircraft themselves. So even though they’re custom aircraft, they can still spawn the default copilot models that come with the sim, if they enable the function themselves.

But I don’t think there’s a separate software that will allow you to enable copilots for “any aircraft” as I explained in my video above, they copilots are considered as “objects” that the cockpit view would need to render. That’s why I explained in the video that to make them visible, you have to edit the Cockpit model file to add the copilot object into it so they can be spawned. And other aircraft have different “coordinates” on where to spawn the pilots. So it’s not a one-size fits all solution.

There are two or three, all on flightsim.to. They’re all aircraft-specific, I have the one for the A320neo. They use the in-sim avatars, but you can see them from inside.

oh yes thanks that is where I downloaded them from originally.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.