Coastline glitch - water creeping up coasts/cliffs

New watermasks are very good and very nice… only the clouds…

1 Like

Thanks for the screenshots. Looks like the water is not rising up the coasts anymore, but now the coastlines are looking somewhat distorted I think. The sawtooth pattern is certainly visible in some places. I guess they’ve still got work to do on this matter.

And yes, those water masks look like a rush job. The boats and clouds could have easily been excluded, without eating up a lot of the shallow water imagery.

It seems the ‘cliff fix’ has been moved inland so water doesn’t climb up the artificial cliff.

2 Likes

Thanks. That looks quite horrible, and in a couple of spots it does not even stop the water from creeping up. I’m getting the feeling it will be a long time until this issue is fixed for good…

Which is utterly annyoing because it was not that bad in earlier versions after release. Another point on the growing list of things suggesting that Asobo does not really understand their own engine anymore (or did they ever?).

Still LOD issues on coastline/cliffs. There are some improvements on how cliffs are handled though. This is right next to the handcrafted cliffs:

2 Likes

It’s getting better, but there are still issues with the coastlines and missing watermasks. I think that the dev team has done a wonderful job with the latest update. Keep up the excellent work. Thank you ASOBO team.

Plenty of water triangles creeping up shores on a flight between Samos and Kos in the Aegean Sea. V1.13.16.0

1 Like

Hi all. I am just playing my part in keeping this thread from auto closing. The coastline glitch, although slightly better, is most certainly not fixed in the latest UK Update version. Important that we keep those developers on their toes in anticipation of a full fix :wink:

5 Likes

Indeed, the coastline is better. But there are still visable glitches, where you can see the water is creeping upwards the coastline.

1 Like

I noticed the same along Loch Lomond and Loch Ness in Scotland. Also lots of water creeping around the Pacific North West, where there are lots of islands off of the coast of Seattle. Same also around Kos. Basically anywhere in the planet that has loads of natural beauty continues to be broken…total immersion killer. A real shame and hope can be fixed.

I noticed it also on other places. For example the Isles East of Madeira have this glitch. Madeira, however seems unaffected.

Madeira:

I also noticed a bad part at the north-west coast of Ibiza. Forgot to make a screenshot.

Well, this has been going on since November and it’s still an issue, which is pretty annoying. Particularly places that were simply stunning before the bug was introduced, which now look rubbish. It’s a global problem so there’s no point listing specific places.

9 Likes

Bump this issue. Still have problems with this a lot of places. The new patch with Benelux didnt fix it for me either. As this is a issue adressed to the entire game, Asobo really should put this on the priority list.

1 Like

Any tutorials on how to fix the Coastline?

Did you try mappamundi’s coastline fix [flightsim.to] with TerLOD 200?

I can only guess, that the guy who originally developed the scenery renderer left the project, and when Asobo corrupted it with the US update which introduced the coastline glitch, they no longer have the skills to fix this. Or possibly, they reduced the terrain mesh resolution (to increase performance) and this manifests itself as coastline glitch for cliff-type coastlines.

Ironically it all started when they introduced higher mesh resolution (US update). That’s also when the morphing became that extreme. No idea why it affected the coastlines globally but it all started (or became much more obvious) when they introduced the new high-res DEM, so I guess there‘s a connection. ChaoticSplendid posted a question for the upcoming Q&A which is one of the top-voted ones so I hope the devs will finally comment on this this.

Hoping so…

A big Coast line glitch on the cliffs next to EGTP - Perranporth airport.

Sea is actually almost on the runway