Cockpit camera resets when going from external camera to cockpit view

Do you have any add-ons in your Community folder? If yes, please remove and retest before posting.

I’ve removed them all after updating to SU5, except my payware aircraft PMDG DC-6, which has already been updated to SU5.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

Not using Developer Mode.

Brief description of the issue:

When you switch from cockpit view, to external view, and then back to cockpit view, the camera resets. That is, it doesn’t remember your last position and orientation before you went into external view. Instead, it resets at least orientation to look ahead again.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Difficult to take a screenshot of :slight_smile:

Detail steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Sit in the cockpit, and change your orientation to look somewhere else than straight ahead. Also, move the camera using the keyboard arrows to some non-default position. Then go to external view, and back to cockpit view. The camera should now reset it’s position and orientation to look straight ahead.

PC specs for those who want to assist (if not entered in your profile)

I feel like this is not applicable.

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

SU5, the newest sim update.

Are you on the Steam or Microsoft Store version?

Steam.

Did you submit this to Zendesk? If so, what is your ticket #?

I did not no. I could, but I haven’t had a positive experience with Zendesk on previously submitted bugs.

I just don’t know anymore. I can’t fathom how all of this degradation of quality in very obvious / most frequently used interactions aren’t caught in the QA process. Almost makes you want to give up on the sim. Mouse disappearing after right-clicking, mouse jumping to random positions on the screen, UI getting worse (impossible to fine-tune time now, after they got rid of the arrows at the sides of the slider), not being able to control the aircraft with the controller / joystick whilst right-clicking… **** me, how did all this not get caught.

I am having similar issue in that when i go to cockpit view it goes straight up into the sky and you cannot see your instrument panel at all. I have to hold ctrl f for the duration of the flight and can only see the top half of the instruments. It is as if it is looking at some POI up in the sky. I am using the Steam Version.