Cockpit camera zoom axis

none sofar, sadly.

I’ve been thinking about tearing apart an old mouse, just have the scrollwheel left, and tape that to my throttle quadrant.

This so basice - how did they miss this. I use the TM Throttle and have used the scroll button on the left for zoom (with the little finger) on all other flight sims. cannot believe we cannot use it in this sim where the scenery is so good and you want to look at it without touching the mouse.

1 Like

Thank for your support guys!
You think this is the right place to report this wished feature?
I’m honestly quite disappointed not seeing it in the Wishlist Top Features actually :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

We’ve only got 22 votes so far, so apparently not many people are running into this issue with their controller setup, or are happy to use the mouse to zoom.
I still hope this gets implemented.

1 Like

Currently, assigning zoom (both for cockpit and external cameras) to an axis or a joystick button results in getting only a max zoom or a minimum zoom view. The mouse wheel lets you scroll to any level of zoom you want and its really nice. It would be great if I could do that with a controller axis or with joystick buttons instead of getting a “fully zoomed in” or “fully zoomed out” result when i use those options.

1 Like

Didn’t even realize the mouse wheel zooms as I never use that anywhere else. Just was wondering how others did it as I couldn’t find an axis mapping.

We really need that, as well as preset FOVs for keybinds, so we can set it to like 30°, 60°, 90° et al by a single keypress each. The percentage slider in the menu is weird, knowing the actual FOV angle would be better.

Here is my upvote. Been trying to map granular zoom to my VKB stick or TWCS Throttle without success. Axis, hat or button, I can only get two states - fully zoomed in or out.
Every other sim I have lets me do this. Unless I’m missing something, I want my hotas to be exactly that and not require me to reach for the mouse to zoom.

Has anyone tried using third party software (i.e. Thrustmaster T.A.R.G.E.T. ) to mimic a mouse wheel? I haven’t yet, but might try.

Just found this myself. Hopefully it gets fixed. Interesting that the same action bound to mousewheel does seem to zoom in steps, but not if you bind it to an analog axis. Have a nice dial on my hotas just waiting for this and I use zoom a lot for better views of instruments while looking around the cockpit

1 Like

Absolutely desperate for this to be fixed. Is there a way we can push this up to devs. It’s a huge oversight having to use 3 controllers (throttle, joystick, mouse) when the mouse is only used for zoom. I have the t16000 and there’s a perfect scroll wheel for it on the throttle but in fs2020 it only actuated maximum zoom!

2 Likes

i used voice attack and it does work, i set an up and down button on my throttle to corespondent with mouse scoll up and down 2 clicks, not ideal but it works

I agree this is something to be addressed. It is badly needed

1 Like

It should be nice to create an axis for the zoom inside the cabin, the use of two buttons for zoom in and zoom out are very inaccurate.

Thank you
Best.

1 Like

You can use the camera settings for more precise control. I just use my scroll wheel on the mouse and have no issues. I am assuming you are using " - + " to control right?

1 Like

Thanks for the advice. The point is when you play with a HOTAS, you have move out the hand to grab the mouse. Using an axis for the zoom is pretty common in modern simulators.

1 Like

I have seen requested on here a few times now an analog style zoom axis mappable to other switches/wheels other than the mouse wheel. Currently assigning zoom to anything else causes insta zoom in insta zoom out and there’s no incremental zoom ability without using mouse wheel. For instance this would be perfect to use on the t16000 hotas wheel but it is unusable.
As this has been requested a few times in separate topics it would be nice to see some feedback on it? It’s a control this game is lacking massively. Creating a game meant to be played on joysticks and yikes yet making the mouse Wheel the only working Zoom switch makes no sense.

1 Like

+1’d

I had to move zoom to some mouse buttons due to constantly zooming in or out when trying to finagle nav/comm dials. The only way to go back to not full zoom in/out is to press the key that resets the camera.

In its current implementation, I wouldn’t mind if it were hold to zoom, rather than a toggle, so that releasing the key reverted back to ‘normal’ zoom.

so with this being merged does that mean they are implementing it? and update please devs ?

Nope. Almost all people working on the forums are customers just like you, offering up their free time to keep the forums enjoyable / organized.

I would still love to have this function added, but there’s likely more pressing issues currently.

it needs to be in the top 24 wishlist according to the moderator that merged the posts so we need to get it upvoted