Cockpit view causes the sim to freeze at MS/Asobo's LSZH Zurich

Please tag your post with #pc and/or #xbox.
PC
Are you on Steam or Microsoft Store version?
MS Store
Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?
no
Brief description of the issue:
Cockpit view causes the sim to freeze at MS/Asobo’s LSZH Zurich no matter what aircraft I spawn with
Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:
it’s just a freeze
Detail steps to reproduce the issue encountered:
Choose a vanilla aircraft and spawn at MS/Asobo’s latest LSZH Zurich by Gaya, switch to cockpit view after a few clicks on the buttons my sim comes to a halt for good
PC specs and/or peripheral set up of relevant:
i7 32GB RX2060
Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

There are some issues with freezes/CTD’s which seem to be associated with the server issue.
If you are using live weather, turn it off.
That may help for now.

I just tried with both real weather on and off. I could not get the sim to freeze.

not a fix for me, still freezes for good and I need to shut it down on task manager with ‘end task’ button. my sim freezes while on cockpit view at this airport only, btw. there must be an optimization issue. hopefully they could fix it in the next update. dunno.

Do you have the Salty 747 add on?

no mods at all, everything is just the sim’s vanilla. this airport is such a top-notch work of art but it is kinda irksome that cockpit view causes it to freeze and finally become non-responsive.

Did this just start today?

since 1.21.13.0, I just considered revisiting today and the same.

1 Like

Try removing the “microsoft-airport-lszh-zurich” folder from the Official\OneStore folder.
Do not delete it, just cut and paste it somewhere, say your desktop for instance.
Then start the sim.
It should replace the folder.
If there is a bad file in there, this may fix it.
If it doesn’t, you can just replace the original.

Zurich is broken also on Xbox… Several crashes after loading, not able to take off. Sometimes it crashes instantly, sometimes during taxi, sometimes after landing… It depends. There are several post on the forum regarding Zurich and all agree that it is a bug and if I am not mistaken it is already reported

1 Like

Many airports seem updated right after SU 7 today, however Zurich is not one of them. I simply wonder why we have had a not working handcrafted airport as such for almost two months. Such an ignorance !

It still brings the sim down on its knees leaving it non-responding upon switching to the cockpit view of even the default aircraft no matter what they are, either super hornet or b787.