Cockpit View - Full HUD or high visibility mode (Accessibility)

I have recently started playing MSFS and I am very disappointed in the visibility cockpit instruments. I have a vision impairment which makes things very hard to see in the current state. Short of a customisable HUD, at the very least I would suggest displaying the external HUD in cockpit view or allowing for constant contrast.

For a company that’s meant to be dedicated to accessibility in gaming I think that Microsoft really dropped the ball on this one.

Hi @junlim6897
One of the things you mentioned (external HUD in cockpit view) is currently somewhat available. Go to Options/Assistance options/User experience, and turn on the option “Instrument Heads-Up Display-Cockpit Cam” and you get a partial HUD view in the cockpit.
I’d also recommend looking into the available preconfigured views of the instrument panels in your control options setup (under “instrument views” check out “toggle instrument view 1” and “instrument view left” and “instrument view right” and add them to a key/joystick button/etc. There are several other instrument views you can set up to help the view of the instruments. I use those three a lot to do a quick focus on the panels. There are several other preconfigured instrument views you might check out and see if they give you better views of the panels.
The third thing to consider, is making a custom view (in camera/cockpit camera look for "save custom camera #) to save a specific view you like. I’ve never set one up, but I’m sure they’re not very hard, and I’m sure someone with more knowledge of them will be along shortly to help, or do a search of the forum for custom views.
Hope some of this helps!
Regards

Here is a link that describes setting up custom views:

1 Like

@Habu2u2 thank you for advice. The game only offers the Minimal HUD, in cockpit view. As for the zooming in and out the changes in brightness and lack of contrast and clarity still effects my ability to see what’s going on as I suffer from “low contrast sensitivity”.

Not really searching for further help on this, just trying to cast a feature vote so that Microsoft / Asobo can look into raising the accessibility standard of MSFS inline with their other products and games.

1 Like

I also suffer from low contrast sensitivity. I especially hate it when someone makes a spreadsheet with black text on a red background. Anyway, there is a software package called ZoomText that does a beautiful job in this area. I’ve also found that MSFS is very compaptable with it. This is not chopped liver; it’s not easy to set up compatability with it. You can do different color combinations that will help immensly when using the sim. Good luck. -Redeye

I think it is most unfortunate that it is only possible to select partial HUD in cockpit view, but possible for full HUD view in external view.

I’m not exactly sure what the reason behind this was, but it would be real game changer if it could be possible out of the box to enable full HUD in the cockpit view.

Aircraft are modelled as realistic as possible, including the font size of the real deal. Naturally it’s too hard to see, and accessibility is at great stake