Code: 0x80070424 while trying to reinstall MSFS2020

I had the issue, that starting windows gamepass related games redirected me to GameService in the Windows Store, which was installed and updated.
Then I made the error, trying to reinstall MSFS2020. It won’t start the download anymore, like for every game in the store, that isn’t for free at all.

It results in Code: 0x80070424

Meanwhile at least I can play the other games again, which I didn’t deinstall. I am mad about the fact, that I think, using the sim would have been able, too. But as I mentioned, it won’t let me download it anymore.

Any suggestions? Used google allready and had a look into the topics about similar problems. That’s why I at least could start the other games again. But I haven’t found any thread about the download issues.

Did you try the integrated troubleshooter for Store apps?
This code is related to missing services.

1 Like

yes, I did, I’ve even did that PowerShell reinstall. That worked so far, that I can play allready installed games again. But it still isn’t possible to install new ones. Except the Free2Play games. That’s curious.

I had a similar problem since last week and tried all the proposed approaches: using powershell, dism and wsreset. And I don’t know how often… After more digging into the problem, I found out that the problem was related to the Appx database StateRepository-Machine.srd. Even after uninstallation, the FS package was shown as an installed package, and thus the store refused to re-install it.
So, to remove the wrong entry in the db, I tried the following instruction:
Repair APPX can be removed or reinstalled · GitHub
But since 20H2, MS added additional triggers to the database, which have to be dropped and added again after removing the wrong package.
Now, the store installs MSFS again :grinning:
But be carefull and try it at your own risk! You are changing things on the lowest level and you can easily breake your Windows installation. So, a backup might be a very good advise. Hope that helps.

1 Like

I am having the same problem tried most of the hints but no luck yet so cannot play the game for now.

…same problem since today, no solution sa far… thankful too for help

error code after trying to start existing FS2020 = Code: 0x80004005
error code by trying to reinstall from Microsft store = Code: 0.00000001

Folks - the error codes stated by other users here other than the Topic Owner are all different.

We strongly recommend you open a Zendesk Support Ticket as each of your issues appear to have unique Error Codes.