Color adjustment?

I currently use OXR toolkit and one of my favorite uses for it is to desaturate / turn down the GREEN in the sim. It really does help alleviate the cartoonish quality of the visuals.

I’m getting a 4090 and understand OXRTK may actually fps, so I probably won’t use it. Does anyone know of a way to adjust colors natively? I.e. without a third party add on?

If calibrating your monitor’s color response via Windows itself isn’t enough, you’ll have to use some kind of utility. I personally use GeForce Experience to apply a color filter to remove that green cast. Costs maybe 1-2 FPS at most.

1 Like

Will try, thanks!

You can adjust your color settings in the Nvidia Control Panel.
I don’t know if you can do per game though. I think it’s a global setting, so it might mess up your other games.

What are these “other games” you speak of?

MSFS 100% for me!

:joy:

2 Likes

Try decreasing the gamma of both red and green to .98 in nVidia Control Panel and then decrease brightness, and saturation (can’t remember what thats called in NCP) to 42 for all channels and contrast down to 30. with HDR on.
It works pretty good for the C172…different planes will need different settings.

I had increased CTDs with GeForce Experience and it doesn’t offer any fine controls.

They do need to put in in-game controls.

1 Like

Well, you got me there. :rofl:

I can’t speak to your CTDs (which I’ve never had using GeForce Experience), but you’re completely wrong about the lack of fine controls. There are at least a dozen different filters available, every one of which has anywhere from 1 to half a dozen sliders and options you can tweak to your liking.

You and I have different opinions as to what constitutes ‘fine controls’. You can’t even adjust most of those available sliders in one unit increments/decrements. Good luck decreasing the gamma of just red and green.

Um, I can. Unfortunately I can’t capture screenshots with the Game Filter overlays active, but as someone who admittedly doesn’t use it, maybe you should just hold off on commenting?