Color Banding Issue

You mean when you said Purple, and it was 40 away from purple?

i mean we all see it and Asobo adressed it but whatever =p

1 Like

still present in SU10 beta

Found this thread while Googling “flight simulator color banding sky”…!

I’m on an SDR screen and have experimented to death with the picture settings. I cannot get smooth blue gradients to show in the sky, rainy clouds or oceans at height. Even the vapour trails from fighter jets sometimes look greenish purplish in chase view.

I didn’t seem to notice these banding/rasterization issues in the sky at all when I started using flight simulator in April.

What gives??? Ruins the experience and immersion. Everything else looks pristine but the sky gradients look like they are from the PS 1 days.

This is the only game in my SX collection that has banding all other games look eyepopping with smooth and natural colour gradients. Screen is a Sony Bravia CCFL LCD.

The issue is still there in the latest build. Blue gradients in the sky and oceans do not blend in well. It’s the case with both HDR and SDR screens.

Does anyone know if Asobo has added to the list of scheduled fixes?

This! I was just flying over oceans on a clear sky and wondering why I see swirls of blue around my plane. It’s the same in the sky, particularly when you fly much higher.

It’s annoying and hard to ignore in an otherwise visually polished game.

Come on Asobo… Should be an easy fix. No?

@CDRMaz Nope. Still no fix. Blue gradients in the sky are very hard to ignore the higher you fly.

Same blue swirls and gradients in the oceans too during clear skies. Really takes away from the visual panache of the game.

There are at least 3-4 threads all talking about banding in the sky, clouds, oceans, etc. Yet still no word or fix from Asobo?

Anyone know why that is? Or they trying to sweep this one under the rug? Hope that’s not the case cos I love this game too much.

P.S: Uploaded some shots for you guys to see and corroborate with. Hopefully, the Devs with see this toon already submitted a ticket although as soon as I did it was marked as “solved”… Weird…

Update: Are they still looking into this? How many of you notice banding in the sky and oceans at high altitudes? The higher you go, the more noticeable the different tones of blue are.