Columbia River Gorge (with .PLN link)

Following on from yesterday’s Cascade Mountains VFR Discovery Flight (with .PLN link), I continued along the Columbia River today, through Portland, along the gorge, then up and around Mount Hood.

The scenery here was originally brought to mine, and many other simmers attention by Holger Sandmann’s amazing Cascade River Gorge mesh back in the FSX days, and it was great to rediscover the area in FS2020 with the high resh mesh that came out with World Update II.

The flight plan .PLN file is uploaded to wordtour.flights for those who are keen to follow my path, but there are plenty of airports along the gorge such as KKTD, WA63, 4WA1, WA78, 19WA, KCZK, 75WA and 4S2 that would all make for suitable starting points to explore the area.

I’m really enjoying rediscovering this area, so if there are any locals who have recommendations of other nearby areas of interest to fly over or scenic airports to visit, please let me know!

1 Like

What’s going on “under the bridges” around downtown Portland there?

Scenery glitch?

Yeah seems to be a common issue with the shadows under any photogrammetry bridge. Check London/New York and you’ll see the same thing. Guess it’s just one of the limitations of the way the data is displayed at the moment.

1 Like