Comanche 250

Got a question for ya - I recently purchased the Comanche 250 aircraft offered online, and it has mostly been great. However, sometimes, when I click “fly” and get redy to takeoff, my propeller seems to strike the ground, gets bent up, and I have to get a different aircraft if I still want to fly. Sometimes, the 250 works just fine with no such issue. Any ideas? Thanks, Mike

Do you have your rolling cache enabled ?, if yes then disable or delete it. I have seen some other reports where plane is spawned a couple of feet about the ground after clicking fly with same consequence as your. In some cases clearing the rolling cache resolved the issue. I don’t think it is specific to a plane.

1 Like

Possibly a crash detection issue with the sim if you have it turned on. Even back in FSX days crashed detection was rather hit and miss, for example hit tree tops even tough you should be clear. It could be the 250 is loading in and the prop is hitting the crash box around and object in the scenery.

1 Like

hi; yes, have done that; no difference. thanks for the idea, tho. mike

i will turn it off and get back to you, thanks. mike

Mine does that to sometimes …but I don’t need to choose another a/c, I just go into the tablet and repair the engine …then its good to go again!

1 Like

I have the Commanche on Xbox and have ran into this issue 2 times

The issue is : all of a sudden the aircraft nosedives straight to the ground with recovery not possible

This has happened once while manually flying and once while on autopilot

Has anyone else had this happen on Xbox ?

1 Like

You can repair only the prop and anything else that is damaged. Doing a full repair resets your engine hours which you may not want?

1 Like

Yep, never really worried about that …just love flying the thing :wink:

1 Like

It happened to me (in manual) when I was turning on the landing lights, the plane was uncontrollable

1 Like

hi; have not done that, will give it a shot hopefully today. mike

Do you have a Turtle Beach yoke? It has an issue where the trim is sometimes fully nose down when you turn off the autopilot.

I upgraded last year to a Honeycomb alpha & bravo system. I knew that sudden trim was an issue with the Velocityone yoke

With a controller or yoke ?

To be fair your best bet for support is via their own forums - friendly lot who will do all they can to help.

2 Likes

hi; honeycomb “a” and “b”. mike

hi, and thanks for the suggestion - I did repair my prop, and everything worked fine for the next 4 flights I took, so hopefully I’m good to go. Now, if I can just get SpadNext to recognize my FIP’s and Radio Panels again, which quit working this morning. :frowning:

1 Like