[COMING SOON] Black Square Advanced Turbine and Piston Dukes

The next chapter in Black Square’s aircraft simulations is here.

Introducing the Turbine and Piston Dukes, two of the most technically advanced aircraft simulations for Microsoft Flight simulator.

An icing on the cake in what many now consider the golden age of GA in MSFS.

Along with the overwhelming systems depth, the sounds in the Dukes were also done in collaboration with Boris Audio Works, the studio behind the FBW A32NX sounds as well as other released sound packs for the C172, C152 and more.

The bar keeps getting raised.

Piston Duke photos

20 Likes

Fantastic. I cant wait for this one.

PS Please BS/JF, can you squeeze a few more lumens out of the landing and taxi lights compared to the previous aircraft in the series?

1 Like

Cool. I wonder if they will be in a bundle or sold as two separate products.

1 Like

I’m almost certain it’s going to be both, based on their past practice with previous releases.

1 Like

I was hoping for a B200.

3 Likes

Ow my god another line in the credit card

4 Likes

All in me too

So nostalgic. RealAir Turbine Duke for FSX was the model that introduced me to proper turboprop engine handling techniques, such as avoiding overtorque, ITT and FF management, etc. Obviously, this model is going to surpass it. Can’t wait.
This and the upcoming turboprops from SWS (Pilatus PC-12 and the TBMs) is a dream coming true. Happy days.

3 Likes

great news ! I was waiting for some news about this project, and black square in general !!!
as you I can’t wait for it :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Welp, there goes another ~$30. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Probably closer to $70 like their last release.

last releases were all around 30€ … even their velocity xl which was not an overhaul model wasn’t that high

I don’t want to spread any speculation but I highly doubt to see this kind of price

edit : apologize I just realised that there is two distinct products so yeah getting both version Piston & Turbine may cost a bit more than 30€ :sweat_smile: but I m sure we will have something similar to a bundle or second buy with a discount

I considered getting the Carenado PC-12, but it only garners 3.7 stars, if I recall correctly. I wonder how the SWS will compare.

Many fond memories of flying the RealAir Dukes in FSX- this will be a definite purchase for me!

2 Likes

man I was hoping for the same thing lol

hope there really do an King air series after this

1 Like

Same here.

I hope they give it a good engine sound.

is black Square duke coming to the Xbox?

2 Likes

Hello everyone! I hope the waiting isn’t too hard !

Recently, I have been chatting with Nick from Black Square. He was enthusiastic to announce a new feature that is not yet mentioned in Duke Turbine product page, but we can expect to see it for the Turbine Duke.

Here what we may found in the futur manual :wink:

"Foreign Object Debris Damage

This aircraft simulates damage caused to turbine engines by the ingestion of particulate matter, better known as foreign object debris, or “FOD”. FOD can include dust, sand, gravel, ice, etc., and is typically associated with operating on unimproved runways. The amount of damage caused by the FOD is calculated based on which of the 25 recognizable surface types the aircraft is currently operating on, the thrust of the propellers, and the position of the inertial separator vanes. In order to prevent damage, be sure to use the inertial separators whenever operating on unimproved surfaces, including all ground operations, and whenever ice is present."

The idea showed up when @hobanagerik mentioned FOD (Foreign Object Debris) in the Analog C208 thread, pointing out how great it would be if the inertial separator could be more useful in the sim than what it’s actually …

So, Nick reached me out to first thank him for mentionning this idea, and he was thinking of implementing this kind of failures. Today, it became official!

He also told me that we can expect to see this in all subsequent turbine engine products and updates !

15 Likes