Community Events Category Feedback

This area seems to be growing, and as it does, becomes difficult to distinguish Future events from past events. It takes scanning ALL the posts to find the future ones.

Would it make sense to split the Community Events into FUTURE Events, and Past Events, so those looking for Future events are not swamped with post about past events.

Yes, appreciate it may require a little MOD maintenance, to move POST from Future to Past, as they take place, etc etc but maybe that could be automated with a daily CRON job type script, (Like closing Topics with no post for over a month)

While you can find events in the view the #community:community-fly-in-events category, the best method is the Calander UI. The category view orders topics in the same way that all category pages do, based on the last post. This can make it hard to find events that are up-coming, and it means events that have passed may show up above events that are yet to come.

The calendar UI gets around this by providing a calendar with events laid out based on their day and time(s).

I’m not so sure this would make sense. It creates an extra category for people to look through when looking for events via the category page(s) or search system.

If the CMs were to take this approach and fully invest in it this could easily be automated by using Discourse REST APIs.

This would likely be a more sensible approach and one that I could get behind. I would go as far as to suggest setting it to 14 days.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.