Community Folder Locked?

On MSFS startup today, I got the notice of an update and to move files from the community folder. I have been moving files to and from the folder for a while now, but this time a window pops up saying “Your organization does not allow you to place this file here”. In other words, I can’t copy any file from within the MSFS file structure and paste it to any other place in my computer’s file structure within or outside of MSFS. It appears that I can copy files in or delete files from the community folder, but I can no longer cut or paste files. Therefore, any file in there that I do not have copies outside of MSFS will require re-downloading from elsewhere or recreating. I made an archive folder within the MSFS file structure which I can no longer copy from.

Is this something the developer initiated to keep me from messing with the program files that goes a little beyond their own protection? Or do I have a problem with the installation on my computer?

I notice the same thing especially after updates. Most of my files like A320 and 787 mods folders are locked. Cannot do anything.

I’m not sure I follow you, but I have no problem cutting or pasting full file folders, or individual files from my community folder.

Same - I still have full access to everything.

Mine is not locked but shows as pending all the time. All of the liveries I put into the community folder do not come up when I load the game anymore. Tried everything and nothing works.

Okay, thanks for the inputs. I also had no problems with access a few days ago, but today I cannot copy and paste any files contained within MSFS. Outside MSFS, everything is still normal. Don’t know what happened. Like I said, I can only add a file or delete a file.

The game folder names are too long. Install the game in a shorter folder structure like d:\fs2020

I know the thread isn’t the newest, but I’ve got the Problem too and know, that there are other one’s who are suffered with it. So remembered a programm which is really good and save for such situations, it’s called “Unstoppable Copier” .
Here a link:
https://www.roadkil.net/program.php?ProgramID=29