Community Groups & Roles

What are community roles?

Community Roles are groups that are granted to members to recognize what they do for the forum and grant you access to some additional forum features.

What are the (public) roles on the forum?

Great question! To see the list of groups on the forum, go to the “More” option on the sidebar.

From there, click on CM Posts or Moderator Posts

Then click on the box in the top left, and you will be brought to a dropdown menu.

From there, you will see all the public roles. Here is what they all are:

Role Name Full Name Details
CategoryMods Category Moderator Category moderator for the forum. They help moderate specific categories where they can close, merge, and handle posts and lend a hand when they can.
Copilot Co-pilot The welcome crew on the forum! They are here to welcome new simmers. If you have a question, they are there to help!
DiscordTeam Discord Team Moderator/Admin on the official MSFS Discord Server
LocalGuides Local Guides Local Guides are users who have created multiple guides in the Forum Guides and/or Community Guides section of the forum.
Moderators and ModeratorTeam Moderator Team Our very own forum mods! They are here to assist with any questions that you have on the forum. To contact them, message @moderators
MSFSCommunityTeam MSFS Community Team The Community Managers here on the forum who work at MSFS. To see their activity, click here.

Disclaimer: Groups that are not public are not listed here

How do I join a group?

Most groups are appointed by application only. Keep an eye out for applications which are occasionally posted in News & Announcements.

How do I message a group?

Some groups allow you to message them. To do this, open up any group, and click “Message” in the top right corner.

How do I know if a member is in a group?

You can do this in two ways. The first way is by opening any group and searching for their name in it.

Additionally, you can open up a user’s profile and look at the bottom towards “Groups”

I am in a group. How do I set that group as my forum title/flair?

To do this, you can go to your Profile > Preferences > Account > Title and click on the dropdown menu to edit your title.

2 Likes