Comparison: Thrustmeter T-Flight HOTAS One vs. Turtle Beach Velocity One

NOTE: I have purchased both of these products with my own money and am not affliated with either Thrustmaster or Turtle Beach in any way. All of the thoughts and opinions are my own.

Product One: Thurstmaster T-Flight HOTAS One
Average Price: $66.99 (without the rudder pedals)
Where to Buy: Best Buy, Staples, Amazon, MyPilotStore, Microsoft Store, etc.
Compatibility: PC and Xbox
Note: This review does not include the rudder pedals

Overview
The Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS One would be the cheaper of the two. It is the perfect start for any flight simmer who is just getting into the Flight Simulator game. It is very simple, easy to hook up, and easy to store when not in use.

Pros

• Perfect Start for any Flight Simmer
  • Easy to set up, and works right out of the box.
  • Fasting Strips or Clamping System not required.
  • Easy Storage
  • Rudder System implemented into Joystick
  • Throttle Included
  • Cost Friendly

Cons

• Not recommended for a serious simmer.
  • After about 6 months of use, the HOTAS stops working.
  • You can not control the propeller, mixture, or individual throttles on aircraft.
  • “Stop” in the middle of the throttle; most likely a resting position.
  • Throttle is very loose.

Final Thoughts

After about a year of use, I can say that this is perfect for someone getting into the Flight Sim game. However, it will not work as a long-term solution as it will stop working after about 6 months of use. If you are as serious simmer, I would not recommend this product.

Product Image

Product Two: Turtle Beach Velocity One
Average Price: $349.95
Where to Buy: Turtle Beach Website, Best Buy, Amazon, etc.
Compatibility: PC and Xbox

Overview
The Turtle Beach Velocity One is a full-on Flight Yoke System that is definitely recommended for a Serious Simmer. It comes with individual Throttles, Different Flight Yoke system, Status Display, and a PFD on the yoke.

Pros

• Recommended for a Serious Simmer
  • Personal PFD on the Yoke
  • Clamping System and “Sticky Strips” are included.
  • Individual Throttles
  • Integrated Rudder “Pedals” on the Yoke
  • Status Display, showing any errors or the status of a system (I.e. Master Caut/Warn, Autopilot, Fuel Low, etc)
  • Multiple Flight Profiles
  • Prop Plane Controls on the bottom of throttle (Propeller, Mixture, Throttle)
  • Trim Wheel included.

Cons

• Not Cost Friendly
  • Yoke sticks when pulling up/pushing down.
  • Not easy storage if in a tight space.
  • Clamping System required.
  • Throttles are very loose.

Final Thoughts

This is definitely a great product for a serious simmer, and have enjoyed it since day one. While the Status Screen does not work on Xbox, there are plans for it to work in the future.

Product Image

So, which one wins the comparison?

Well, it depends on what you are looking for. If you are on a budget or are just starting out, then the Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS is for you. If you are a serious simmer and want your game to be as much realistic as possible, then theTurtle Beach Velocity One is for you. Out of the two, it really depends on what you are looking for.

Questions?
Reply to this post or send me a DM at @HamMan2118

This comparison may be updated over time.

3 Likes