Compatible iPad apps for gauges etc

Now that simconnect is working - are there any / many apps that are now compatible?

I don’t mind paying but most seem to not advertise support for this sim yet.

Thanks

1 Like

What do you need exactly?

looks for an app that gives options of PFD/MFD/any other gauges.

I see simionic is working ont heir PFD/MFDs but not released yet - and didnt know if older p3d / fsx products worked now simconnect does

I’m not aware of other apps other than siminioc for the G1000, I, while waiting, have just extracted the video content of the PFD and MFD in separate windows ad moved them to the Ipads using spacedesk the remapped some button and controls to the keyboard or the Strem Deck

thanks for the advice.

At present im using Lorbys Acis and Ohs with the web gauges on which is working just fine - but they are low res and lacking in details (theyre just the saitek panels i believe)

Simionic now works like a charm and is a real reproduction of the G1000 avionics with 99% functionality, unlike the MSFS totally broken G1000.

It’s website doesnt state support for MSFS2020? There is a news article today saying the patch has helped their bridge app work better but not that its released for user yet? How do i get it if it is working?

also does simionic do more than just show a display of the G1000 - does it actually take over the control / calculations etc?

Hello,

Can you explain how to use it?

Thanks

yes I have simionic and I used it in two ipads, one as PFD and the other as ND, and Simionic simulates everything as per the real unit, it does not show the MSFS broken displays, it displays the info from MSFS in their displays and control the plane via autopilot as well. it does its own calculations, etc. etc. Every page works perfect. so with Simionic I use MSFS only for the scenery really…

Simionic is an iPad app that simulates the G1000 avionics and is very detailed, I would say 99% of what the real unit does, can be done using Simionic app. It can be used standalone or connected to any simulator, including MSFS. So when connected (via wifi) and a small program that you download called G1000Bridge Simionic reads all the info from the MSFS and presents into its own screen. You can fly manually on engage Autopilot in simionic and it will fly the airplane in MSFS…

2 Likes

Thanks for your answer

I see it has a flight path indicator too :slight_smile: WOW!!

I just bought both the PFD and MFD and got both working ¬! looks great so far!

Just need to get my head around how it controls the aircraft (and not the ingame g1000) and also think i had a bit of an issue just now where they both tried to control at onces and banked me into the ground!

J

Hello,

I can’t get Simionic to work

I bought both applications for iPad

I downloaded the EXE to the Simionic site (version 3.1)
I launch the EXE and try to enter the IP address of the iPad application

But nothing’s happening.

Do you have a little time to explain?

Thank you

Hi Rubiom,

For me it actually automatically discovered the iPads IP and it was seemless.

This suggests to me that your ipad is not on the same wifi network as your PC, or that you have some network configuration issues (e.g. ports being blocks, or other network discovery features off in router)

Did you resolve this?

It seems to be hit and miss - in theory it looks like it’s supposed to fully synchronise the inputs on either the g1000 app or the ingame inputs. Theres a button for this on their bridge app.

However occasionally the AP goes crazy and tries to kill me.

However looking at the news posts on the simionic website i believe that this is a known bug that is being worked on. See latest news post here: https://www.simionic.net/WordPress/2020/09/working-on-fs2020/

2 Likes

Yes I hope they resolve this issue with the interaction with the autopilot, it seems to me that is like having a runaway trim, so if you see the trim wheel while the autopilot is connected to simionic it starts to slowly move until it gets all the way to the limit, then the AP will disconnect and of course you will be in a terrible out of trim situation. Until they work out a fix for that, I am Manually trimming Just a bit from time to time, may be every couple of minutes or so, and that seems to “reset” the trim and at least it does not allow the trim to get to the limit and the AP to disconnect in an out of trim situation…

Did you manage to make it work?

unfortunately not