Complete engine and electronics failure - A320N

Hoping someone can help me determine if this is a bug or whether it’s deliberate due to my settings.

I’ve now had two flights in the A320N where the engine and all electrics have completely cut out during the flight and won’t turn back on. First time was when i was taxiing and approaching the gate. The second time was on final approach to EDDF. Fortunately that time i was lined up and could glide it in safely. But it’s frustrating completing a whole flight and then the sim breaks right at the most interesting point! I’m not touching any controls over than the stick for small corrections. No keyboard inputs at all when the failures occurred. It’s only happened these two times. I’ve done lots of other flights without the issue.

It’s almost as if the sim thinks my flight has completed and shuts the whole thing down. Because each time when i’ve brought the plane to a stop the logbook automatically appears.

Is this a bug, or am i experiencing a deliberate failure in the sim? I’m using the modern model, not legacy.

Thanks

It happens near airports. Could be a bad programmed liverie from an other plane spanning. Liveries are programmed like planes. Try to reduce the ammount of liveries in the community folder as much as possible.

Are your engine generators switched off and you’re running on battery only?

Most time this happens, it is due to a mod conflict.
If you have any mods in your community folder, try without them.
Just to make it more interesting, there are some liveries that can affect this as well.

Let us know if this is any help, there are a few other things to try if this doesn’t do it.

You probably run out of battery power. Search in this forum, there‘s already a solution.

Thanks for the replies.

@Spaceship227 @TheSevenflyer It’s definitely not a mod problem as it’s a recent and clean install. There’s no mods or liveries, but i’ll bear that in mind for the future.

It could have been something as simple as the battery power. I’ll double check the procedures and do a search as you suggest @RossiZwift.

1 Like

Did this solve your issue?

I don’t think I can say for certain. Had a few flights without the issue recurring but my battery settings were the same as before. I’ve now got CTD issues but that’s a whole different issue! Most likely my graphic settings as I keep tweaking them up a bit and think i’ve probably passed a point of no return so need to push them back a bit.

It could be, but it might be the infamous simconnect issue.
It should be fixed in this coming update

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.