Configs for a multi monitior setup

Currently in the middle of a mid-generation hardware upgrade;

the current setup I have is a G9 monitor with an GTX4080 and ninth gen 9600k (ram maxed out 64gb). I also have a meta quest pro headset and just (a couple of months ago) a realsimgear G1000 setup. Before the G1000 upgrade, I was using the saitek’s to emulate the steam gauges

This is where things a bit whacky, I would usually use the quest pro for obvious reasons. The issue that I’m running into now, because the G1000 are separate monitors, the headset gets the short end of the stick. As a compromise, I’m stuck with the G9 with the less than ideal fov (making practicing something like loss of power much more challenging.

What I’m not sure about

1. Is this a CPU issue or a GPU issue
  2. Can a 4080 run (concurrently) a G9, two G1000 displays and a VR headset (theoretically)?
  3. If it’s a GPU issue, is it a case where a separate GPU can offload the G1000 displays?

Trying to figure out where the resources can best be used

Hi @monkiesandtools ,

Thank you for your post! Your topic has been moved to a sub-category of the User Support Hub

The General Discussion category is meant for discussions that fall outside of our other sub-categories.

If you would like other users to help you with an issue you are experiencing in the sim, consider these User Support Hub categories for your future post:

Aircraft & Systems
ATC, Traffic & NAVAIDs
Crashes (CTDs)
Hardware & Peripherals
Install, Performance & Graphics
Scenery & Airports
User Interface & Activities
Virtual Reality (VR)
Weather & Live Weather
Miscellaneous

Not quite understaning what you mean by “the headset getting the short end of the stick”. It’s functioning has little to no relationship to either the CPU or GPU.

Can you elaborate?

the headset is suffering from serious lag, and very low frame rates

Sorry, it must be just me. but I am completely lost here.

A headset only deals with audio, so there is no frame rate involved.

Wait a minute, maybe the lightbulb went on for me. Are you talking about a VR headset?

I feel so dumb now.

yeh, its a VR headset

Apologies for any confusion