Configuration Nightmare of my Own Purchasing!

Do you have any add-ons in your Community folder? If yes, please remove and retest before posting.
NO
Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?
NO
Brief description of the issue:
Configuration System Not Very Helpful
Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:
NA
Detail steps to reproduce the issue encountered:
EVERY TIME
PC specs for those who want to assist (if not entered in your profile)

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

Are you on the Steam or Microsoft Store version?
MS STORE
Did you submit this to Zendesk? If so, what is your ticket #?
NO

MSFS Correctly identifies my newly bought Virpil Constellation Alpha (R)
On entering configuration I was a little miffed to find no Graphic Panel for assistance just like when I used my trusty and ancient CH Fighterstick Pro.

When I configured the CHFS I selected PITCH - Scanned for input and moved the Fighterstick. MSFS picked up the input, I verified it, saved…all was as expected.
Not Now: Moving the Alpha Stick Axis isn’t picked up. Now isn’t that really helpful?

OK I was being a little sarcastic there.

I suppose I just need to experiment with selecting a control from the List, assigning it and keep trying until I get the right one?

Any suggestions other than gales of laughter at my Newly Purchased Predicament would be much appreciated.

As an aside to the Moderators, would be nice to have sub-groups by manufacturers, just a thought.

Thanks all and clear skies.

It’s not too obvious but there is a scan function.

Used it…it doesn’t pick up any movement!

You aren’t confusing axis’ with buttons are you?
And when you do find them there’s sensitivity settings on the top left

Nah… selected Pitch? (Elevator Axis) pressed scan for input, moved the stick…nothing detected when moving stick unfortunately. Its not impossible i’ve done something really stupid but this is the methodology i used when configuring the CH Fighterstick.

Hmmm … I presume it’s plug and play or do you need drivers?

first check, does it works under windows…maybe you need special drivers?

1 Like

Virpil is an odd beastie, everything downloaded to the stick. I’m just getting used to what is required to get it operating with Elite Dangerous.

ED (with all its limitations compared to MSFS) detects all movements (and up to 32 buttons native) MSFS detects NO axis movement, im assuming i have to allocate by drop down.

Maybe just the axis’, I’m pretty confident the buttons will scan. I say that because my bottom of the range TM shows up as unknown but I can still scan them.

Just a thought but if you create a new profile it might work

I’ll try again after lunch, thanks for the assist.

Virpil config steps.

Connect ONLY ONE Virpil device at a time for this process.

1. Connect Virpil device to usb, open Virpil config software.

2. Flash firmware (if required. Your stick and base probably* shipped with the latest versions.)

3. Create profile (Alpha grip + WarBRD base or whatever)

4. Calibrate Axes.

5. Save profile. (you can export the profile for safe keeping also)

6. There is a test module which you can use to check that everything works.

Don’t use Windows to calibrate the stick. Only the Virpil config software for this.

For config tutorials check here.

http://www.havoc-company.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=1379

Virpil devices need no drivers other than the standard Windows OS USB peripheral drivers.

They do however require that you use the Virpil config software to initially set up the device.
(Virpil kit is modular, so the initial set up is where you chose which grip and base combo you have)

Calibration is done only within the Virpil software.

This is all then written to the stick/base itself.
:slight_smile:

1 Like

SOLUTION FOUND TO VIRPIL PROBLEM:

Thanks to everyone trying to assist.
Within MSFS I deleted the CURRENT PROFILE for the Constellation Alpha Stick, I created a NEW Profile - same Name - Scanning then picked up the AXIS of the Stick and Twist. Something had obviously screwed with the original created profile.

1 Like

Closing topic as issue was marked by OP as solved.