Conflicting Overspeed Indications

Do you have any add-ons in your Community folder? If yes, please remove and retest before posting.
Emptied folder, but same results with WT G3000 installed. Note, screenshot is with WT mod.
Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?
No
Brief description of the issue:
TBM 930 standby airspeed indicator shows overspeed (barber pole indication) well before PFD at high altitude (FL280)
Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detail steps to reproduce the issue encountered:
Climb to FL280 and accelerate to max cruise speed of 330 KTAS (as per Daher specs)
PC specs for those who want to assist (if not entered in your profile)
Game rig:
TUF Gaming TUF505DT
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3550H, 2.10 GHz
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 w/ DX 12
Memory: 16.0 GB @ 2400 MHz
Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:
Are you on the Steam or Microsoft Store version?
Store
Did you submit this to Zendesk? If so, what is your ticket #?
Not yet, but will if this is determined to be an actual bug.

Additional: PFD barber pole begins at 266 KIAS, which is the stated Vmo per Daher.

This is indeed a bug, cause by the (new) values in the flightmodel.cfg:

crossover_speed = 200 ; (KIAS)

If this is flightmodel.cfg related, why isn’t the PFD speedtape affected?
And why crossover_speed? (what is a crossover speed?)

These are 2 different gauges, also installing the WT mod can also affect the PFD

There is probably a real-life definition and a Asobo definition… so do not dare to answer :wink:

WT V7.2 releasenote:

[Misc] TBM 930: the standby airspeed indicator still redlines at lower speeds than it should. If this bothers you, change the crossover_speed setting in asobo-aircraft-tbm930\SimObjects\Airplanes\Asobo_TBM930\flight_model.cfg to 0. If you use the TBM improvement mod, you should change the value in the flight_model.cfg file found in that mod’s folder.

Ref: Releases · Working-Title-MSFS-Mods/fspackages · GitHub

1 Like

I don’t think that’s it, since it changes with altitude.

30 seconds later… I think I found it. That same file has the cruise mach at 0.52, which is right about where I was here. It also lists max mach as 0.6. Neither of those are ever listed in an Daher literature that I’ve seen so far.

The PFD can easily be coded to get its info from another source. In this case, the flight model config indeed lists 266 is the max indicated airspeed. And as stated before, I get identical results with and without the WT mod.

Thanx for the info. I know what a crossover altitude is, but never heard or read about a crossover speed.

Those numbers are familiar - it was discussed in Mugz’ Mod right before SU4.

Since the Cruise Mach seems to match the point where the standby redlines, I’m going to play with that first. If that doesn’t work, I’ll go with the crossover speed.

Changing the Cruise Mach to zero fixed it. Now the barber pole on both indicators comes in at 266 indicated.

1 Like