Confusion About Rolling Cache Settings

I know that I should know the answer to this, but it’s been a long time since I’ve simmed.

My question relates to rolling cache, and also BING data and photogrammetry settings. What I would like to know is this:

Usually, like most people, I fly locally out of the airport I fly from in real life. Sometimes, the scenery for the city looks “melted”. I know that this is to do with BING data, but what I would like to know, is how often is that data updated, and can it be switched off?

To add some clarity to this question, recently the scenery has been looking OK. Can I keep that as it is, but without it being updated?

Maybe I’ve written this question incorrectly, I’m not sure. But I’ve explained here as best as I can. As usual, many thanks for all and any replies.

If this is on PC, you can use the manual cache to cache your local area in high quality to avoid the melted buildings issue.

Thank you for the quick reply. And yes, I am on PC :slight_smile:

I guess to go a little deeper into my question, with the photogrammetry, is the scenery “flushed” and renewed in the cache at particular intervals?

Because sometimes the scenery looks great, other times it will look a total mess.

Thanks again,

Andrew.

Some photogrammetry areas seem to require more bandwidth than others, so the default rolling cache size (8GB I think) may be too small to cache your entire local area. Beyond that, I haven’t really looked into the technical details of the caching algorithm.