Connect jetway or stairs to different aircraft doors / use more than one door for boarding

The sim seems to only use one jetway and ramp truck at a time and only use the L1 door. There should be an option to connect the jetway or the ramp truck to the L2 door.

I also recommend an option to use multiple jetways where there are two or more at a gate:

I take it you never came across a scenario where the parking spot is so awkarly placed, that the jetway connects to the starboard side door, or even the aft door instead?

I think the sim uses a logic to connect only one jetway to the closest door available.

yeah it happens to me as well lmao

The 787-10 in FS2020 has two boarding doors and the 747-8 in FS2020 has 3 boarding doors (two fwd, one in the upper). But in FS2020 you can only have one boarding exit. Two boarding door can have two stair in the fwd doors and can have dual jetway (not in FS2020, but wishing to have it). Three boarding door like the 747-8 can have two stair in the two fwd and one in the upper, three jetway (two in the fwd doors and one in the upper).

This is an example of a A330 being connected with two jetway:

This is an example of a A380 being connected with three jetway:
https://www.jbtc.com/-/media/images/aerotech/products-services/gate-equipment/jetway-passenger-boarding-bridges/jetway-a380-three-bridge.ashx?h=421&la=en&w=767&hash=CF5EFA36DF6EBD3E696913B123C0C4CBF217BFF9

But there is a problem. In real life in some airport such as for example SVMI, it will only use one stair even when there is more than one boarding door, probably due to limitation, restriction or it just how they operate that way. Here is an example of a 757-200 of SBA Airlines in SVMI with only one stair:

And there is also overwing jetway exit seen in this picture:

i’ll just drop in to keep it alive, as i personally really like flying wide-body planes and long-haul flights i think it would be a great addition if there would be a way of connecting multiple or at least 2 jetways.

2 Likes

This would be really cool to have as an option, mainly because I will board flights in real life with multiple jetways. I like to make the sim as realistic as possible.

Faro, for example. All of the gates have dual jetways. You can connect one jetway, while the other just sits there like a sitting duck.

I think the way that we can get this to work from a developer’s perspective here is that we need different types of jetways by default. And they need to be numbered.

Jetway Type A: will have 1 bridge. Bridge_1.
Jetway Type B: will have 2 bridges. Bridge_1, Bridge_2,
Jetway Type C: will have 3 bridges. Bridge_1, Bridge_2, Bridge_3.

Then every aircraft that’s modeled to work in the sim, needs to have their doors numbered as well. Door_1, Door_2, Door_3, etc. And they need to be placed and labeled according to the jetway type numbers.

Then the sim engine will just animate the jetway to connect the bridge number to a matching door number. Bridge_1 will connect to Door_1, and Bridge_3 will connect to Door_3, etc.

After that, the airport design can just place whichever jetway type that’s appropriate for that parking spot/gate.

That way, when we park our aircraft to the gate with a specific jetway type, it will automatically look for any available door number, and animate the appropriate jetway to connect.

2 Likes

Jetways are currently a toggle in the SDK which prohibits developers like GSX from customising like allowing for dual jetways. The toggle just activates the state which isn’t that helpful.

If Asobo improved it GSX could be allowed to create dual jetways, and three when the A380X is ready!

2 Likes

Agreed. The SDK needs to have a unique jetway identifier, Jetway_1, Jetway_2, Jetway_3, etc. And external tool can read the data so they can match, Jetway_1 to Door_1, Jetway_2 to Door_2, etc. And interfaces need to send instructions ether separately or in order of preference. In case the parking stands only have 1, 2, or 3 jetways equipped.

1 Like

This is great feedback, but I suggest creating a thread here on the SDK forums: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/index.html - The SDK team looks at the posts there and they would like the SDK Wishlist items to live in one spot. Thank you!

1 Like