Connection lost occuring often lately

Wow holy cow! Lol, come back on here to check today and see 19 replies. Yeah this is crazy. Thanks all for replying. Hopefully this can get someone’s attention that their servers need upgrading/expanding to handle the loads better. I too used to almost never get these disconnections but as of late it’s very frequent, happening several times over a single flight. And the message often pops up and blocks your view at the most inopportune times.

2 Likes

Same here in UK on several occasions recently. No reason for it, never happened before.

Same here, UK constant disconnects but internet runs fine on Lila connect.

I had several disconnects over the weekend. A very rare occurance for me. USA East and West servers.

I have been experiencing the same issue all weekend in Canada on USA East & West servers.

1 Like

Almost every day since SU6 last fall to varying degrees. Although the frequency in recent weeks has increased drastically.

There’s nothing wrong with my Internet connection either. I have rock solid 1Gbit fibre.

3 Likes

Yes, starting last week, the “Warning, Connection Lost” message comes frequently now. I’m on 1 Gbps fiber optic, vanilla MSFS with World Updates on Xbox X. It can only be server-related as there is nothing wrong with my connection.

3 Likes

I also get this error twice this week. And I clicked on sign out twice and my flights ended :smiley:

Indeed West usa has been dropping alot lately seems to be around the same time

I think I’m going to start using the non US and non Europe servers.

try SE Asia see if you get any less issues

1 Like

I never had it, but last time it also happend a few times to me.
The disconnection is not visible in windows, because the icon stays connected.
The program says that the connection is lost, so it must be a server problem.

1 Like

Random data point here, and I’m not sure if it’s relevant, but it kind of stuck out to me.

The first day I was able to test graphics settings after SU10 was IIRC Friday 23SEP, before the NVidia game ready driver was out. I made a bunch of adjustments in DX11 and then, knowing that this probably wouldn’t go well with the older NVidia driver I had, I switched to DX12 with the associated restart. While it was flyable, the framerates and smoothness were pretty awful, but I also noticed I started getting internet connection lost and then regained errors. (I pretty much never get connection errors in the sim, maybe literally once previously like a year ago, so it definitely seemed out of the ordinary for me.) I quit within about 5 minutes or so and went back to DX11, but had no connection errors after restarting in DX11.

The next weekend (around 30SEP or 01OCT) I was able to install the driver 517.48 and tried graphics testing again, and that time there were no connections issues during my tests in DX12 (though I decided to stay with DX11 for now until they implement the blanking of DLSS for cockpit displays).

I have no idea why the DirectX graphics processes would have anything to do with the data connection, but in troubleshooting different things I’ve found that sometimes some random piece of information a person has seen is able to point everybody in the right direction, so I’m just putting this out here…

1 Like

Just a side note. If your system can handle it, when you pop out the PFD as a separate window, DLSS doesn’t blur the altitude or speed tape. I do this sometimes when flying on VATSIM.

Yes. I am getting the disconnection message a lot more than I used to. Sometimes 5 or 6 times in a 1 1/2 hour flight. Not only that but I can not complete a flight at all without losing ATC voices. I’m in Texas and switching between servers does not help.

While flying the first 2.5 hours during yesterday’s EasternHops Cesna Sundays group flight on the US East server, this issue occurred twice for most, if not all of us, at exactly the same times during the flight.

It seems clear that that this has absolutely nothing to do with our internet connection but is instead an issue with the servers.

3 Likes

it is certainly happening more often. Actually I dare say that it never happened to me in the past
but in the past few months there have been these momentarily disconnects.
They last for maybe 20 seconds or half a minute and then I get the reconnected message.
So yes, happening more often than it used to.

1 Like

This announcement looks promising in the context of this thread. Let’s see!

2 Likes

Yay, constant disconnections for the next 2-3 weeks then! We all know how these server changes go, in every game ever.

LOL…C’mon, it’s 2022, not 1992. A server migration is an IT non-event nowadays. Have faith.