Connection lost occuring often lately

Anyone else experiencing this? It’s super annoying and only started happening alot the past two weeks. When it happens it’s not my internet connection as I am still connected and can access websites, it’s got to be on the MSFS server side. Just posting to see if others are getting this more frequently as of late.

16 Likes

Yes I’ve seen this a fair bit too. Unsure if it was my wifi

1 Like

Whatever they say it´s always on the server side. This didn´t happen before. During 2021 and specially during 2022 it only went worse. I have my network for 10 years at home. The only game that gets disconnections is MSFS.

Cheers

7 Likes

I noticed the same.

3 Likes

Same here happened before when I was setting up a flight from cold dark, it’s on Microsoft’s end from the looks of it

4 Likes

Hello!

Have you tried switching servers? Sometimes a certain server can be down.

If you have tried different servers and the issue still peresits, always check the Online service status monitoring, Status.playfab, and Xbox Live Status for outages.

2 Likes

Indeed. Today multiple times. Same yesterday.

3 Likes

Same here for the last few days.

2 Likes

same here!! 3 hrs flight shows 5 times no internet conection and on final aproach CTD

2 Likes

Same here (france) without wifi
Arnaud

1 Like

Same here (Austria) for a few times during 2h flight,

Greets,
Markus

1 Like

Same here, Spain. 3 times in an 1:30 h flight

1 Like

I only get it 1 time after booting up the sim for the first time in the last 2 weeks.

1 Like

This topic keeps rearing its ugly head and MS don’t seem to have any inclination towards fixing it. It looks like the servers are not up to the job and when people are paying for a program that relies on its servers, that it disgraceful.

Sort it out MS.

8 Likes

How do we make our displeasure known to MS?
The systems tells me I have low bandwidth, Yeah, RIIIGHT!! After waiting for fibre to the door for nearly ten years, I FINALLY have a reliable connection of 960 Down and 460 UP. Unlimited data.
How can THAT be construed as low BW?
As soon as I get onto the ground, CRASH!!!
I have tried ALL the servers, same result.
Come on MS, get you act together, if nothing else, keep us, who have paid big money for this game, informed.
Bob. (AKA Grumpy)

4 Likes

Been fighting this ■■■■ all day… US WEST/US EAST servers.

3 Likes

I think this is related but I flew a perfect flight about an hour ago. Now, I’m getting constant CTD’s, just trying to load the game or if it does try and load, it’s stuck at 50% and just won’t load…

Same here in Belgium, I have a 1Tb connection unlimited.

1 Like

Have you tried this, it helps against CTD,
If you have a lot of ram you can use part of it as RAMDISK for your rollin Cache, this helped me
Look here for more information

If you have problems with the sim then do this, it will fix the sim and also your windows
[
try this

1. Delete any rolling cache.
  2. Delete the Content.xml file.

(AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Content.xml)

1. Delete the simulator .dat files

(AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\SceneryIndexes*.dat)

1. Do not add anything to the Community folder

In the search bar type CMD and hit return
This will bring up a menu selection . Select the option “Run as Adminstrator”
A DOS window will then open.

Go through each of the following steps one at a time. Copy each line, one at a time , paste it into the Dos window (crtl + V) and press return

and it will then run. Wait until each runs and finishes before you move on to the next one.

When you are completely finished, Restart your computer and then try to see in MS2020 will start and run properly

Dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /checkhealth

Dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /scanhealth

Dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /Restorehealth

sfc /scannow
Please note that the line sfc /scannow will probably be where you will see a lot of corrupt files repaired. If this happens, please

rerun this command again until you get the message that no corrupt files have been found.

Dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /AnalyzeComponentStore

Dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup

RESTART your computer as the last step

Please note that the line sfc /scannow will probably be where you will see a lot of corrupt files repaired. If this happens, please
rerun this command again until you get the message that no corrupt files have been found.

It may take 2 or more tries to fix everything.

1 Like

Yes getting the same message in the UK all the time in the last 2-3 days. Tried both North and West Europe servers, no difference.