Connection Lost (User Reports still Ongoing 10/3/2022)

Glad it’s not just me! I had the lost connection maybe once this year before SU10, but since SU10 I’ve had it every second flight.
I really struggle to understand how such an intrusive message was seen as a good idea. Just a tiny red traffic light in the bottom of the screen would suffice (like the little Nvidia recording green light). I like to record my flights posting some on youtube, this ugly in your face pop-up demanding a mouse click means my video recording is binned instantly.

(fyi - I’m based in Ireland, flying in Ireland)

1 Like

silly season has started, Asobo please get some more servers to cope

1 Like

Just landing in Halifax, and not the connection is cycling on and off every few minutes. I use a hardwired 1GB d/l connection, solid connectivity on my server end. It’s another Microsoft server issue

5 Likes

I’m in Phoenix AZ and having issues too. This is such a love/hate relationship!! I just get everything to where it’s running smooth, finally have a day off to dedicate to flightsim, and now having to deal with this all afternoon!? I mush be nuts!! Can’t seem to get my Reverb G2 microphone to work either. Ugggg!

7 Likes

Hi,
Connection also lost in Lyon, France on a 1GB line. Oh well, it did come back though.

It stabilised on the West Europe server. I’ve then dared to come out of the sim to load some different scenery and upon restarting it’s now stuck on the ‘Checking for Updates’ screen.

This really is pants sometimes.

1 Like

The Server place is not the problem. It’s like a attack to the sever if a peak count of users rush in. It’s usualy after the Updates, because many GB of Data need to be streamed. Normaly it goes back to normal (nice sentence) after a few days. I have this issues since yesterday - 10 Times at all and in 8 to 10 Times it turns into “connection successfull” after long few seconds.

1 Like

The fact of the matter is that NONE of US know exactly what causes it. The only fact known is that it is annoying, and the notification is too intrusive.

2 Likes

The servers are working almost always flawless. It’s only once in a while that there are hick ups. I had two occasions two days ago but none the days after.

This is a needless negative post.

1 Like

Go to this discussion thread. The answer for me was there.
Low bandwidth Message - Connection Lost - Switched Offline

That thread is 750 messages long.

I have a good connection, as I am sure everyone else here does, or else this wouldn’t have been a strange enough occurence to post. So this is most likely Microsoft network related. I read through like 100 of those messages looking for an answer that would fix Microsofts server issue, after 100 posts I gave up. If there was a solution that worked for you, why not link rather than making every forum user read through 750 posts on an old thread that may or may not solve their problem.

EDIT: Ok, now 300 posts into that thread that was linked, I see the solution to take out the two hosts that the google maps replacement mod used to put in. Problem with that being: 1) That issue has already been reported to the google maps mod maker and fixed. Those hosts aren’t left in the hosts file anymore. 2) I just did a totally clean Windows rebuild, and went and purchased the Steam version of MSFS last week. Everything is a clean install, the google maps mod has never been installed on this build of the laptop. So the issue is not google maps is putting in hosts in the hosts file…

1 Like

perfect, but spare me the value judgments.

3 Likes

having problems again - UK

5 Likes

me too, problems again but sorry i must not be negative…people get mad at me

6 Likes

All Morning long. offline/online/offline/online.

Wouldn’t be so bad if the popup didn’t block all input…

3 Likes

Just started again 10 mins ago East USA

2 Likes

Yup,me too and I’ve noticed latency increase since sim update 10.Canada seems to be the area that does it for me,as I have yet to experience it in other areas,the big mistake from my cynical viewpoint was not giving xbox users their own servers,so the load was bound to increase by a huge margin and that is bound to affect pc users…

Same here,I’ve had two botched landings in the last two flights because of that ■■■■■■ popup and I’m talking small airstrips with no radio…

today, having the same issue here on us west server

In the last 20 minutes, this issue has been persistent. Really annoying there has to be a popup every time connection is lost. Especially when it reconnects 5 seconds later