Consensus on reducing spinning circle loading indicator?

So far, just adding aircraft and changing a few buildings. I do anticipate learning blender later in my growth curve. Then we shall see.

1 Like

That’s right, because the spinning circle isn’t causing the lag. What it signifies may be. Even if you found a mod that made that circle transparent, the background process that causes the lag will still occur.

The reason why some people have lag, and others not? Well, it could be system specs, or sim configuration i.e. having too higher configuration for the system, putting it under stress, or Internet connection issues.

If I had to guess I would go with system config, plus driving MSFS too hard.

2 Likes

I have a very specific set of airports from which I depart and arrive, and they rarely change. So when I finally get tired of having to search for them and want them to appear in my dropdown list, I have to turn off developer mode and complete a flight to get them to update. Having dev mode on is no big deal to me since I do a lot of development (for my own, like adding lights to airports and such - nothing like you smart guys do).

Anyway, when I turn off dev mode, I see the circle and performance is almost always terrible. I somehow get the flight in, but I generally have trouble because the stupid spinning circle buffers my keystrokes. Immediately after landing and getting the airport into the dropdown list, I turn dev mode back on, and presto - no lagging, no keystroke buffering (besides the usual stutters on the ground and on approach as many people have).

Having developer mode on and off does do the trick :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Blockquote MSFS 2020 I see that it accumulates a lot in memory and from there it creates that instability and its circle can come out due to that…
What we do with the advice that I have put is to free memory and thus go more fluid MSFS

For an app that is using and benefits from a lot of memory, the advice to ‘free’ up memory is literally the worst.

Seeing a big chunk of empty, unused memory is just wasted memory. It’s not 1992 anymore, stop second guessing the memory manager,

What average duration more or less have your flights…?
What aircraft do you normally use?
Default scenarios…?
you are not obliged to answer

Have this circle bug been fixed in Beta 10?

There is no circle bug.

I just received a confirmation that it is fixed.

“Fixed intense write operation that occurs during initial flight on Steam as the cloud save system was making too many requests
Thanks,
MSFS Team”

1 Like

You’ll likely still see it from time to time, they have just fixed a reason why it was popping up more often than it needed to.

And this illustrates an earlier point. Even if we found a way to stop the circle from appearing, it wouldn’t have stopped those write operations. You would then simply have no idea why you were getting the effects of those writes. A bit like unplugging the HDD light from your motherboard has no effect on disk activity, you just don’t have a visual indicator of it.

Yep, and that is fine. I know my HDD is working and the light is where I can’t really see it. This is more like the HDD operations being shown on your screen. It happens. Not necessary to show it.

It’s an indication of file load, internet lag ect it is not necessary but seeing it should indicate you could improve performance.

All true. I was just highlighting that there appear to be two camps. One believes the spinning circle is the cause of the issues, and others believe it an indicator of activity, and the activity itself is the issue.

Removing the circle will do nothing, but looking at the reasons why it is appearing, and fixing any of those processes that cause them to trigger more often than they should, may. Like the excessive log book writes, for example.

1 Like