Consensus on reducing spinning circle loading indicator?

Hello members.

I do not care if the spinning circle wheel appears on the bottom right corner of our flight sims. I know it’s an indicator that it’s loading something in or saving. Loading in data as we are all flying.

What I can not agree and I’m starting to get stick of it, is the bad performance it’s giving me. While the spinning cycle is appearing it makes my simulator stutter.

I did two split flights the other day, In Canada and thought-out the entire flight I had the spinning circle wheel, it was continuing forever in a flight, and while it was there my sim was just lagging and stutting. When the circle is not there the sim is smooth.

Also when the circle is there with the stutters, Isn’t like I drop any FPS. I read around and I hear that there is a mix of people that do get stutter from the circle.

The only time that the circle stopped is on the ground and landed… LOL

Like I said I do not care about seeing the circle is just the stuttering I hate…

Obviously the circle spinning is not the thing causing the stuttering, it’s stuttering due to it loading and the spinning circle is simply a loading indicator…

5 Likes

I’m aware of that but the point of saying that the circle doesn’t make everyone lag, so many people that I fly with have their loading circle appear and said that they have no lag.

On that note, almost 4 hours flying time in the sky and I had the circle for that 4 hours, making the sim lag and stuttering…

Should not be appearing for 4 hours for the circle. Another thing I noticed is that I have my sim on an SSD, when the cycle appeared the other day for that 4 hours flight, one of my HDD was at 50% usage and the weird part was that it was just a simple backup drive, aren’t used for OS or flight sim

I get the spinning loading disc and low FPS at the start of each flight. I do the enable dev mode to fix it but its a really annoying bug. I wish Asobo would fix it.

The spinning circle is an indication your connection to the servers or data load in is not ideal.

I’m not sure if I have ever seen it outside of when the game loads prior to flight?

East Coast US and my lag to the server is never over 30ms, usually in the 26-27ms range.

Edit: My connection to the Asian servers looks horrible, I’m going to try there and see if I get the circle.

1 Like

I’m always connected to EU servers can be west or north and always have good ping and range. Does it stutter when loading or not though for you?

To be honest. I havent seen that circle in over 3 months.

4 Likes

No appreciable stutter loading in, I can force a tick of sorts by panning around the outside of the craft as fast as possible, every pass at about 3 o’clock there’s a skip … however I only see that spin circle thing for a brief second as I exit or enter a flight.

Edit:

I get the feeling the location servers and data servers may not be the same, as in if I select SE Asian servers I’m only using the location data of other players. Because the only change I noticed was a better frame rate as their were less users around LAX. While the sim is still connecting me to my ideal content server wherever that is?

Hello
I did several long flights and all of them were successful, with no drop in performance.
They can try and try to see.
(I recommend HAGS disabled)

Having HAGS on or off doesn’t resolve everything. In fact, having it off makes it worse LOL

End of the day, with it on or off doesn’t make any difference to this topic

I only advise that if you are going to make the adjustment that I recommend you turn it off if you are not going to do it you can have it off or turn it on as you like…
My intention, apart from flying, is to be able to help others…

Many of us are affected by the “rotating white circle”.
Probably most of them using the STEAM version of the simulator.
Enabling and immediately disabling developer mode at the start of each flight avoids the problem.
All these topics talk about the problem if you want more information

Thanks for the help, but it doesn’t resolve my issues in my case. Plus I am using the steam edition like @IDVANDER mentioned in his post.

developer mode on and off, if that is a workaround, then I give that a try with HAGS off and if not on then. But as a user we should not need to do this LOL

MSFS 2020 I see that it accumulates a lot in memory and from there it creates that instability and its circle can come out due to that…
What we do with the advice that I have put is to free memory and thus go more fluid MSFS

I have had to use dev mode with every flight since su8 released. Any attempt to go back to normal mode results in both spinning circle and stutters. This is regardless of location. Prior to su8 this was not an issue. Finally, I decided that I may as well leverage the constant need to use dev mode, so I am now learning scenery design.

2 Likes

To be fair that might be one upside for you. Once you go through a bit of a learning curve creating scenery, making and editing airports, or just adding little details to areas you regularly fly, is great fun and quite rewarding.

You did the St. Andrews photogrammetry didn’t you? If so, you might find it interesting to know my RAF Leuchars us now filled with Ark Royal, 43, and 111 Sqn Phantoms, a few Lightnings, and some Bulldogs for the UAS. You are right, it is great fun!

1 Like

A few possible causes

Poor internet
Overfilled or fragmented drives (or very slow HDD)
Old or unsuitable sata cables (theoretically)
Audio problems (disable in device manager to test)
Slow ram (especially ddr3)
Inadequate virtual memory
Rolling or manual cache placed on the same drive as your MSFS packages
Background services and/or programs.

2 Likes

I’ve had developer mode ON for about 2 sim updates now due to this issue.
that fixes the issue.
i figure i’d make use of it by using the replay system on occasion.

I did yeah. Have you got a new version of Leuchars in the works then? Look forward to seeing it if so.